Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Financial Review?

Remedios

Re: American Express Financial Review?

@addicted_to_credit wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

So wonder if this gives permission for them to ask your neighbor "Would you lend $100 to .....?"

That's a gray area but hey it's 2020, anything can happen.

Up next, live video applications to prevent fraud (ID and SS taped to forehead, utility bill stapled on shirt). 

Message 31 of 34
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

So wonder if this gives permission for them to ask your neighbor "Would you lend $100 to .....?"

That's a gray area but hey it's 2020, anything can happen.

Up next, live video applications to prevent fraud (ID and SS taped to forehead, utility bill stapled on shirt). 

And 3 neighbors must be interviewed within 60 days to vouch for you or account closure may happen...

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image

My Image
Message 32 of 34
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Others more familiar with FR should be able to explain how to upload your last few years tax transcripts believe it is usually two if i recall correctly?  You have one of two choices to either provide the 4506-t's or part ways with AMEX, there is usually no middle ground if they are requesting those.  They use thirld party data source such as theworknumber and other means to see income and what you put as income so if there is a decent difference than that could be possible reason of action being taken despite not owing much as you mention.  Some people are allowed to just do paystubs, but appears they want your tax transcripts and that is done through Equifax  on their behalf.  So as mentioned earlier comply or sever the relationship.  Sorry this happened to you and best of luck

Where is this third party getting your income information from? 

@red259, your employer/payroll company supplies that info. I can say with certainty ADP does..... you wouldn't believe what can be dug up on you.

I run my own company so no my employer does not supply that info. My understanding after looking into this is that credit card companies can't just go and pull this information, but that you have to specifically consent. I thought at first it was being suggested that they can just go and check this stuff on their own, but that can only happen if you give them the initial permission. I don't recall seeing this permission being given on any of my credit card applications, but that's not to say some lenders don't request it. 

Red/All, I just started my own company back in May and I was approved for an Amex Plat yesterday. For income I put $135K, but I can't recall if I put self employed or just "employed". Credit Utilization was @ 9% at time of applying, which is soon to be 2-3% once things report in the next several weeks. Experian pulled the HP and my EXP FICO 8 was at 775(-5 pts for the HP). FICO 8 Bankcard scores are 768-806. With all that being said, any advice to stay off Amex's "radar" so I can avoid a FR considering I just recently started my own company? I just don't want people sticking their nose where it doesn't belong. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Message 33 of 34
FinStar

As the OP's situation was resolved and everything that needed to be said has been discussed, this thread has run its course and is locked to new messages.

For anyone that may have questions and/or need further clarification surrounding the myFICO TOS User Guidelines and Forum Etiquette, please visit the following links/URLs.  There are no exceptions.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Forum-Etiquette/td-p/2905196

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/myFICO-Forums-Terms-of-Service/td-p/4

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.