Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Goes Sub-Prime Part Deux

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

American Express Goes Sub-Prime Part Deux

Just got a Gold Rewards Card offer with a $125 anual fee.  It came with a gold magnet which has just joined it's Green Rewards card sibiling on my fridge door.

I can't imagine why they would want me back after they Universal Defaulted my butt 5 years ago when I started the DMP.  I guess they dont like my FICO score progress and want to add a hard INQ to my CR after they reject my approval of their offer.

I wonder what their next offer will be.  Blackmail in telling people how I really got my DVD collection.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: American Express Goes Sub-Prime Part Deux

I am waiting to see if they would give me a Platinum Card. They did a hard inq on my CR couple of days ago. Let me wait and see if they would send one to me.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

marty56 wrote:
Just got a Gold Rewards Card offer with a $125 anual fee.  It came with a gold magnet which has just joined it's Green Rewards card sibiling on my fridge door.

I can't imagine why they would want me back after they Universal Defaulted my butt 5 years ago when I started the DMP.  I guess they dont like my FICO score progress and want to add a hard INQ to my CR after they reject my approval of their offer.

I wonder what their next offer will be.  Blackmail in telling people how I really got my DVD collection.

LOL.  I like this post.

Hmmm....their next offer?  I'm sure it won't be to close all your accounts due to baddies that are scheduled to fall off in 2 months and were there when you were approved in the first place.  That wouldn't make any sense.
They are weird lately.

Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

marty, have you ever called them and asked if you truly are on their permanent fecal chart? I understand that you're still mad about what they (and BofA, wasn't it?) did when you went into a DMP, but after 5 years, they might consider you to be OK again. Your scores should make them purr.

If you keep grinding your teeth like this, you'll be eating jello in 6 months! Smiley Wink (joke)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where is my magnet?

marty56 wrote:

Message 5 of 6
marty56
Super Contributor

Honestly I dont think the AE card would do much for me credit wise and if I needed more credit, I probably would try a Chase or perhaps Citibank,  I had 2 accounts by Citibank in the DMP but they both had perfect payment histories

My active accounts are a Chevron, Sams and national City Visa card.  I also have an open Bill Me Latter account which did a hard INQ when I opened it but hasnt showed up on my CR as yet and someone here said it probably wouldnt as long as I pay before the due date which is July 09.

I will wait till April when one of the 2 INQs on TU dont count anymore and see what my score is by then to see what I need to do next.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.