cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Hilton HHonors Credit Card -- Useless??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Hilton HHonors Credit Card -- Useless??

EDIT: It seems that the online website is very misleading. All of the dates I looked through had an X saying no guest check ins available for these dates. But I switched over to the cell phone app and my problem was resolved. Thanks for the help!

I've spent the last few days trying to look at different hotels around the eastern United States, category 1, 2, 3, and 4 hotels, and not a single hotel that I've found has a single available date this year for rewards certificates, either with only points or points + cash. So what are you supposed to use the rewards for if no hotel accepts them? Did I get a useless card? Or am I just not doing something right?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Hilton HHonors Credit Card -- Useless??

what's wrong with using your points or points plus cash? that's what i am gonna do
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing is wrong with points or points plus cash, except for the fact that no hotel accepts points or points + cash. I've clicked on over 10 hotels in GA and haven't found a single one that accepts points as form of payment, or points plus cash. 

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

that's very odd. what citi are you looking in (or around)? i will look on my hilton app to see if i get the same issue
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

haha i spelled city like the bank instead of the synonym for big town hahahah. whoops. this forum i tell ya...
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok i had 0 issues. are you using the hilton hhonors app? before you hit search click the thing that says "by points" and you can do that way. i found them ranging from 15k-30k points..
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm looking in Fairburn, GA. Which is just 20 minutes outside of Atlanta. That's my preference. But it shows 0 available rooms for any day this year. Is it because I don't have the points available yet? And I'm curious, if I'm using my points only for a stay, can I still get a 5th free night?

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

idk about that last question but i did look in atlanta. some were sold out but not even 25% of them. let me check the town you just said
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

again, no issues. and i only have 43k points and it showed me a 68k option so i doubt that's the issue. most of them in that area are 20-30k. not sure what's going on with your search but i am using the app..
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

even found a category 2 for 10k points.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.