Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Member Opinions

tag
furthur
Regular Contributor

American Express Member Opinions

Apologies if this has already been discussed here, I did a quick search and didn't see anything... Just wondering if anyone else takes advantage of the American Express Member Opinions program.

MemberOpinions.com

If you have a MR earning card you're eligible and basically its just a survey program but it rewards you with MR points that post to your account immediately.

The first survey gives you a 550 point bonus and I usually just complete some every day while doing other computer work or watching TV. I usually average close to 1,000 MR points a day with very little effort. Those add up fast!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: American Express Member Opinions

That is a new one to me.  I used to do e-Rewards all the time as an easy way to kill 2-5 minutes here and there, but then the partners changed and I stopped using it since I was basically needing an insane number of "dollars" to buy Accor points that I would then transfer to airlines.

Looks like this is owned by Dynata, the same company.  Thanks for the heads up!

Message 2 of 24
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@furthur wrote:

Apologies if this has already been discussed here, I did a quick search and didn't see anything... Just wondering if anyone else takes advantage of the American Express Member Opinions program.

MemberOpinions.com

If you have a MR earning card you're eligible and basically its just a survey program but it rewards you with MR points that post to your account immediately.

The first survey gives you a 550 point bonus and I usually just complete some every day while doing other computer work or watching TV. I usually average close to 1,000 MR points a day with very little effort. Those add up fast!

Looks like I found a new past time. Smiley Happy

Thank you for the link!

Message 3 of 24
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I  had rant prepared when I read the title 

So disappointed now

Message 4 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

This could be a new FotM thing!  Member Opinions thinking "Wow, lots of new signups in a very short time!"

Message 5 of 24
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Be aware the time estimates on these things are total BS.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 24
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@wasCB14 wrote:

Ha!  That is the case with all of the opinion rewards programs.  "10 minutes" often takes 20 while "3 minutes" is usually just 2 or 3 clicks and you're done.

Message 7 of 24
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

Ha!  That is the case with all of the opinion rewards programs.  "10 minutes" often takes 20 while "3 minutes" is usually just 2 or 3 clicks and you're done.

At least here, though, there are real surveys. With IHG I'd answer a lot of questions only to have them tell me I wasn't eligible for any.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 24
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Yeah I hated that with e-Rewards.  10 minutes into survey and "We're sorry, but based on your answers..." here's $0.25 instead of the $10.00 we promised.  (Note $10 e-Rewards money is not really $10.)

So the site says 8-12 weeks to receive the points but they are already credited to my Platinum Card as bonus points in my MR summary.

Message 9 of 24
furthur
Regular Contributor

I still frequently get kicked out of surveys I "don't qualify for" and they award me 3 points instead of whatever the normal award i . But usually I don't waste my time too much by then. 

And yes as I said the points are instantly awarded after each survey. I saw one yesterday that had a 1,900 point award (I didn't qualify for it though) 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.