Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Member Opinions

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: American Express Member Opinions

@furthur wrote:

I still frequently get kicked out of surveys I "don't qualify for" and they award me 3 points instead of whatever the normal award i . But usually I don't waste my time too much by then. 

And yes as I said the points are instantly awarded after each survey. I saw one yesterday that had a 1,900 point award (I didn't qualify for it though) 

Yep. Just got two 3-pointers.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 11 of 24
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

@wasCB14 thank you for telling me about this. You saved me $300 for a 600 MR points that if I were to spend to get that anyway. I'm going to do these everyday or so, its worth the time and money. I wish I could buy you a beer lol.

Message 12 of 24
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Agreed. Gonna jump in on that as well.

Message 13 of 24
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

What a pain. Spent 30 mins just trying to qualify for a survey. Was worth it in the end for the free 1000 MRs

Message 14 of 24
NRB525
Super Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@furthur wrote:

I still frequently get kicked out of surveys I "don't qualify for" and they award me 3 points instead of whatever the normal award i . But usually I don't waste my time too much by then. 

And yes as I said the points are instantly awarded after each survey. I saw one yesterday that had a 1,900 point award (I didn't qualify for it though) 

Yep. Just got two 3-pointers.

Well that's a win Smiley Wink

At least they don't penalize people for trying too many times, take away 3 MR. Yet Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 15 of 24
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

What a pain. Spent 30 mins just trying to qualify for a survey. Was worth it in the end for the free 1000 MRs

So they gave you 1000 when they couldn't find any you were eligible for? Or you eventually found one that gave 1000 MRs? If the latter, how long did the survey take?

One could probably spend 15-20 minutes trying to qualify for a 5 minute survey that would actually take 15. 5 can become 30 or 35 so easily.

Message 16 of 24
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@wasCB14 wrote:

So they gave you 1000 when they couldn't find any you were eligible for? Or you eventually found one that gave 1000 MRs? If the latter, how long did the survey take?

One could probably spend 15-20 minutes trying to qualify for a 5 minute survey that would actually take 15. 5 can become 30 or 35 so easily.

You get 550 for completing your first survey. I ended up doing two. The surveys took much longer than they claimed. The last one was annoying because there was no progress bar and I was praying it would just end already.

Message 17 of 24
wasCB14
Super Contributor

As of earlier today my usually reliable gmail account has lost the ability to identify truly personal emails. It's ignoring my instructions to silently move these emails to Promotions.

So now my phone is buzzing every few hours with survey ads. Ugh.

Unsubscribe.

Message 18 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

You get 550 for completing your first survey. I ended up doing two. The surveys took much longer than they claimed. The last one was annoying because there was no progress bar and I was praying it would just end already.

The first few I did were fine.   I just got one today and now it's much more like the AmericanAirlines one I gave up on, 5 minutes in and they offer a new survey as you don't fit the demographic.

Message 19 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Thanks for the heads-up, @furthur... I'm just waiting on my confirmation email so I can finish registering! Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.