Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Payments lightning fast

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

American Express Payments lightning fast

Seems like AmEx is on the ball, made my first payment thru American Express with my Chase Bank info and it was withdrawn the same day, usually it takes atleast til the next day for payments

Is this the norm? Its nice as I can expect it to clear the same day I hope

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: American Express Payments lightning fast

Yes it is !! Welcome and congrats!

Amex even posts payments in the $1,000+ range right away to your avail credit.
I love it!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 18
CreditControl
Contributor

My payments do not clear my bank (BOA) until the next day though the payment is reflected in my Amex balance right away.

CSP - 11,000 Chase Freedom 12,000; AMEX Delta Gold 2,000; AMEX Delta Platinum (AU) 15,000; Discover IT 9,500; BOA Cash Rewards 30,000; AMEX BCE 9,900; Belk 7,000; Macys 7,000; Lane Bryant 3,600; HH Gregg 3,000; Care Credit; 7,200; Bloomingdale's 3,000
Message 3 of 18
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@CreditControl wrote:

My payments do not clear my bank (BOA) until the next day though the payment is reflected in my Amex balance right away.

Same here but I bank with Capital One 360.

Message 4 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 18
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

I've also noticed how fast Amex is. Way faster than any oth cc vendor that I know of. They'll credit the payment on "available credit" and send an email saying they've received it even before posting it as a payment on their website and even before the bank clears it.

Message 6 of 18
minipoly1
Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

I've also noticed how fast Amex is. Way faster than any oth cc vendor that I know of. They'll credit the payment on "available credit" and send an email saying they've received it even before posting it as a payment on their website and even before the bank clears it.

If you have Chase accounts, payment usually immediately. You will see the updated amount in available credit right away.

One nice thing about Chase is they do account update at 10pm ET weekday instead of midnight.

Amex BCE $17,600 | CSP $6,200 | PayPal Extras MC $3,000 | Discover $3,000 | BofA $3,000
Last app: Oct 1, 2013. No app until 2015 or new credit card with big bonus introduced.
Message 7 of 18
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

If you have a Chase checking & Chase credit card account (CSP, CS, Freedom, Slate, etc.) payment will post immediately and reflect in your available credit.

Also, I find that my payments are expedited when using it to pay my CapOne, AMEX, ad Discover bills also.  Not sure if it's because of the chase checking or not.

& Welcome to AMEX!

"When you're fresh meat you kill... and give them something fresher" (Frank Underwood)
Message 8 of 18
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

mine post the next day, but I think its more likely on my bank does a batch process that does electronic transactions because my Paycheck and every other billed paid happens right around 8am everyday... never any other time, except for ATM transactions.

Not sure about checks because I haven't written one in years...  Don't even have any blank checks to try.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 9 of 18
ForMyBiz
Frequent Contributor

They bank with Chase, or at least when you wire them money you have to send it to a Chase account.  Still, if it was ACH consumer to consumer accounts I would be amazed if it posted the same day, so it sounds like they are getting some special treatment.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.