Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Pre Approved limit??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Pre Approved limit??

The maximum approved spending limit  is tha the highest amount of charges or highest single charge that will be approved?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Re: American Express Pre Approved limit??

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it is the highest single charge that will be approved.

There is no  limit for all amex charge cards for small purchases including the Zync card unless it was approved with a pre set limit.

My highest limit to be approved shows up at $1500, but i am at 3k on my charge card. Hope this info helps.

Message 3 of 6
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes it is the highest single charge that will be approved.

There is no  limit for all amex charge cards for small purchases including the Zync card unless it was approved with a pre set limit.

My highest limit to be approved shows up at $1500, but i am at 3k on my charge card. Hope this info helps.

That's not entirely correct.  While you are right that the test charge shows a limit for a single purchse and that you can exceed that limit, it doesn't mean that there is no limit for small purchases.  Depending on your internal limit, they can shut down your charging privileges until you make a payment. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

+1 - Walt_K

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 5 of 6
mross1080
Established Contributor

That's not entirely correct.  While you are right that the test charge shows a limit for a single purchse and that you can exceed that limit, it doesn't mean that there is no limit for small purchases.  Depending on your internal limit, they can shut down your charging privileges until you make a payment. 

+1 They can let a million dollar charge go thru or deny 5 dollars at mcdonalds if they want. You have an internal limit that floats around and can be higher one day and lower the next. Just carry a backup thats what I do.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.