cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Preapprovals (website)

tag
iBkickinit
Valued Member

Re: American Express Preapprovals (website)

I have never gotten anything preapproved on AMEX site, but was just approved for a Citi Platinum Amex, 12K limit.  Go figure!  they are not a reliable indicator.  Just be mindful of your overall credit picture.  I apped with 760 fico, a few 30-day lates all 3+years ago.  12% util.  No inquiries in the past year, 2 in 24 months. Im an AU on 1 10k Discover line. 3 other bank cards with 200-600 limits.  A couple of closed TL's. 
FICO 9-14-08: TU: 584 / EX:622 / EQ: 599
FICO 1-15-10: TU: 711 / EQ: 709
Goal: 800 Club!!!
Message 21 of 22
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: American Express Preapprovals (website)

@Anonymous wrote:
I have been opted out forever. After not having an open Amex card since college, I decided to get another one about 18 months ago. I apped blindly, with no preapprovals because of being opted out. As soon as I got my first card they started listing preapprovals. I'm not sure if that is because they start using their own internal algorithm after they have an open account with you or because they gather data with the soft pulls they do when you have an account with them, or both. I now have six open Amex accounts, all show as being 20 years old. Amex is best of breed when you want to add some age to your reports. My last three Amex approvals have been with EX locked. They actually called me and asked me which report I would like them to pull. Best of Breed! (just don't actually try to use the cards)

Why do you think they are Best of Breed!

Why do say "just don't actually try to use the cards"

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.