Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Total Credit Limit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Total Credit Limit?

Hi guys. So I have Ammex BCE (13K),  ED ( 13k) , and cash mag (5k). Use to had BCP but close it not too long ago and it stilll show on my account as cancelled when I login. I had a visa business card  (10k) for a couple years but because I wanted a 0 percent apr , applied for Ammex blue biz cash and got 9k however they reduce my BCE to 4k from 13k. The issue is I put my wife as AU on BCE and she is buying a hosue so it may negatively affect on utilization. What is the Ammex Credit limit per person? Income is $82K for me and wife is $72k but I only put my income of $82k. How much can I raise and when can I raise my CLI. no balance on any of them except a few hundred on one card. Fico across the 3 is around 750.  Total CL 160k with 5% utilization. I want my BCE to be around 13k again and need help. Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: American Express Total Credit Limit?

If Amex reduced your credit to open a business card, you are currently at max they are willing to give you at this time. I see with your current Biz card you are at 35k exposure on 82k income. You may still have some exposure left eventually but putting on minimal spend on your current catds is not the way to get there. They like to see spend. They dont want someone with a $20k card putting only $200 a month on it as it would become a wasted limit for them especially nowadays. 

Wait til 180 days from last increase and try again on card you want. If you dont get any,  just either move limits around or change your spend pattern. Good luckSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.