Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Zync How Long Should I Wait To Apply For It

tag
ezef3ar
Contributor

Re: American Express Zync How Long Should I Wait To Apply For It

@bichonmom wrote:

I think you'd be approved for a GECRB card. Penneys is GE. I'm not sure who backs the CC for American Eagle.

I wouldn't get more than 1 (or 2 max!) store cards. The more new accts you add, the lower your AAoA (aging of accounts) drops and also your FICO.

ok  guys  i will try  jcpenny  and the american eagle  on the same visit   to  the mall  or should apply on diferents days  for those  also  was thinking of macys  how bout the one  ????

Message 11 of 17
ezef3ar
Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

any GECRB store cards really aren't that difficult to get. Walmart is a great one (if you shop there, if not don't bother) because of the free TU FICO score, 

AE is also a GECRB card, so is old navy, gap, banana republic, (those last 3 are all useable at all 3 stores (I.E Old navy works at GAP, GAP works at banana republic, ) ) So if you shop at any of those stores it is definitely worth it to try. JCP is a GE card too if I'm not mistaken.

They almost always pull TU, and you might get a low limit (maybe $150 or something) but it will grow with you so long as you treat it well. 

Edit: Some people get approved for zync with a counteroffer. Whereas a normal charge card has NPSL (No Preset Spending Limit), they'll be given the option of a $200 limit, or a $500 limit with autopay enabled (which will automatically pay your balance through a connected bank account by your due date) 

hey thanks for the    american express zync explanation   i really    apreciate   those  advices 

Message 12 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

You can app 2 GECRB cards on the same day, I just wouldn't go past 2 or 3 or they start throwing out your apps automatically. 

Macy's I'm not so sure about, from what I've heard it might be a bit harder to get, it is not a GE card. My sister got approved for the Macy's amex with 2 accounts reporting, a chase amazon visa (2000) and a old navy ($200) both were only 1-2 months old, so you never know, but she has a pretty decent income, so I'm not sure if that played into the app. She apped in store (I'm not sure if you can even app online), but she did it while making a pretty sizeable watch purchase. 

No problem on zync explanation Smiley Tongue

Edit: Scratch her accounts reporting for just that, I forgot she was an AU on one of our mom's cards that was 7-8 years old so that is definitely part of it. 

Message 13 of 17
ezef3ar
Contributor

Thanks I will app for those 2 cards and if that's the situation I think macys is out of the question from
Now I'll just wait and relax once I have those cards Smiley Happy. Thanks for the advice
Message 14 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

You'd probably be approved for Zync with a hard limit at this point, I'd wait until you have a full year on the USAA CC first.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 17
jamie123
Valued Contributor

I would definately apply for the AMEX Zync early this December if not right now. Your member date will then be 2012 and not 2013.

IMHO I would actually suggest applying for the AMEX Zync right now. You will be approved but the only question would be if your approval would be with a hard limit or not. Your biggest problem right now is a lack of history. If you received the Zync with a hard limit, so what! You would now at least have your foot in the door with a PRIME lender and be building history with a prime lender.

If you get those store cards they will probably start you out with small $500 limit anyway, why not a Zync with a $500 limit? A year from now you could be applying for an AMEX revolver if you got the Zync now.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 16 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@jamie123 wrote:

I would definately apply for the AMEX Zync early this December if not right now. Your member date will then be 2012 and not 2013.

IMHO I would actually suggest applying for the AMEX Zync right now. You will be approved but the only question would be if your approval would be with a hard limit or not. Your biggest problem right now is a lack of history. If you received the Zync with a hard limit, so what! You would now at least have your foot in the door with a PRIME lender and be building history with a prime lender.

If you get those store cards they will probably start you out with small $500 limit anyway, why not a Zync with a $500 limit? A year from now you could be applying for an AMEX revolver if you got the Zync now.

+1  2012 >> 2013 two or three years from now for your member date.  

Generally accepted Zync underwriting criteria is: six months on a revolving tradeline, which the OP has.  Assuming no blemishes or derogs, this is what the Zync was absolutely designed for even.  I'd make an application soonish (what I'm doing incidently) and even if denied, will take another shot in mid-December.

$500 limit is what you make of it, and with Amex, you can make a *lot* out of an initial $500 limit on a Zync Smiley Happy.  It's just going to take some time, but that's something most of us on this forum have.

        
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.