Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Zync How Long Should I Wait To Apply For It

tag
ezef3ar
Contributor

American Express Zync How Long Should I Wait To Apply For It

I Only Have An   Usaa Cash reward  visa   with a 500 $ limit  no inquiries on the reports......  none  just  have  8 months with credit  my history is clean  no student loans or  collections or nothing   How long should i wait to apply  for  one  or at least to have a chance   i heard from this forum that  thats the easy one to get  to get statrted >>??? BY THE WAY  IM NEW TO THE FORUM.....

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: American Express Zync How Long Should I Wait To Apply For It

First of all, Welcome to the forums! 

It is recommended to have at least 6 months of history under your belt (which you do) although I'm not sure what your chances would be with only a $500 limit reporting. 

Message 2 of 17
ezef3ar
Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

First of all, Welcome to the forums! 

It is recommended to have at least 6 months of history under your belt (which you do) although I'm not sure what your chances would be with only a $500 limit reporting. 

THANK YOU    what  do you personally rcomend  that  i need to do  to get  one<<<<<????    im like the rewards  and programs they offer thats what  got my attention 

Message 3 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I don't have one, I can't be totally sure. Smiley Tongue I'm in the garden, hopefully ending up with one after my time here

Someone else will step up who knows a lot more about the zync than I, but I just happen to know 6+ months is recommended Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 17
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@ezef3ar wrote:

I Only Have An   Usaa Cash reward  visa   with a 500 $ limit  no inquiries on the reports......  none  just  have  8 months with credit  my history is clean  no student loans or  collections or nothing   How long should i wait to apply  for  one  or at least to have a chance   i heard from this forum that  thats the easy one to get  to get statrted >>??? BY THE WAY  IM NEW TO THE FORUM.....

You'd probably be able to get Zync, but it's a close call. It would be better if you had more than one TL reporting for 1 year or longer. You might want to get a GECRB store card (e.g. Walmart, JCPenny, Lowes, Old Navy, etc.) and app for Zync in 6 mos. You can CLI GE cards every 4th stmt and usually be approved. That will help with higher CLs showing on your CR. Also, I'd try to CLI your USAA -- either now or when you've had the card 12 mos.

You may get Zync now; it's really hard to predict. I do think your chances would be better if you had a little more credit history reporting, though.

On the other hand, if you are denied, it's only one HP. Then you'd know for sure. And if you don't get it, then you can work on your credit file so you can re-apply in 6 mos or so.

FYI, Walmart is nice to have because they give a free monthly TU FICO.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@ezef3ar wrote:

You'd probably be able to get Zync, but it's a close call. It would be better if you had more than one TL reporting for 1 year or longer. You might want to get a GECRB store card (e.g. Walmart, JCPenny, Lowes, Old Navy, etc.) and app for Zync in 6 mos. You can CLI GE cards every 4th stmt and usually be approved. That will help with higher CLs showing on your CR. Also, I'd try to CLI your USAA -- either now or when you've had the card 12 mos.

You may get Zync now; it's really hard to predict. I do think your chances would be better if you had a little more credit history reporting, though.

On the other hand, if you are denied, it's only one HP. Then you'd know for sure. And if you don't get it, then you can work on your credit file so you can re-apply in 6 mos or so.

This is what I was thinking. And if OP was approved I have a feeling it would be with a hard limit. 

Message 6 of 17
ezef3ar
Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@ezef3ar wrote:

FYI, Walmart is nice to have because they give a free monthly TU FICO

thank you so much  for the advices  im gonna go on the safe side of it and  wait lil more.... im gonna go and try to apply for  a jcpenny or even  the american eagle  card  do you guys  think i have a chance on those  ??????

Message 7 of 17
ezef3ar
Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

@ezef3ar wrote:

This is what I was thinking. And if OP was approved I have a feeling it would be with a hard limit. 

whats  a hard limit  ????  lol  im  just  starting.......this credit thing

Message 8 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

any GECRB store cards really aren't that difficult to get. Walmart is a great one (if you shop there, if not don't bother) because of the free TU FICO score, 

AE is also a GECRB card, so is old navy, gap, banana republic, (those last 3 are all useable at all 3 stores (I.E Old navy works at GAP, GAP works at banana republic, ) ) So if you shop at any of those stores it is definitely worth it to try. JCP is a GE card too if I'm not mistaken.

They almost always pull TU, and you might get a low limit (maybe $150 or something) but it will grow with you so long as you treat it well. 

Edit: Some people get approved for zync with a counteroffer. Whereas a normal charge card has NPSL (No Preset Spending Limit), they'll be given the option of a $200 limit, or a $500 limit with autopay enabled (which will automatically pay your balance through a connected bank account by your due date) 

Message 9 of 17
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I think you'd be approved for a GECRB card. Penneys is GE. I'm not sure who backs the CC for American Eagle.

I wouldn't get more than 1 (or 2 max!) store cards. The more new accts you add, the lower your AAoA (aging of accounts) drops and also your FICO.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.