cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express (amex) Wanting to get a gold eventually.. Can I ever?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express (amex) Wanting to get a gold eventually.. Can I ever?

Found it. Had to log in to Amex and check what I'm prequalified for or whatever.. 

Message 31 of 32
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: American Express (amex) Wanting to get a gold eventually.. Can I ever?

@creditguy wrote:
You made some mistakes in the past, congratulations your a human being. What's done is done, the past is the past, as long as you learned from your mistakes nothing is impossible including the ability to aquire an Amex card. I can't say for sure if Amex will approve you or not because there's a lot to consider when they review your app, AAoA, utilization, baddies etc. I will say though, a paid CO is better for you compared to an unpaid CO especially if you have to recon. I don't know if it will matter if you settle them for less than owed or not. But it can't hurt as bad as leaving them unpaid. Worst case scenario you wait until they fall off in a few years and you will have a clean CR, either way it's not too late for an Amex and you will get one, if not today then tomorrow, good luck.

+1

Good point

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.