cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express pre approval in the mail.

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

American Express pre approval in the mail.

Don't want any of their cards so I'm not going to apply. It's for their green card. I got excited though when I saw it. 😄
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: American Express pre approval in the mail.

Ahhhhh, I can't wait till I get those again!! (Sighs).... What don't you want it?!!
Message 2 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@killer_queen229 wrote:
Don't want any of their cards so I'm not going to apply. It's for their green card. I got excited though when I saw it. 😄

Sounds like you've been picked up on their marketing/offers radar.

Message 3 of 10
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

I don't want it because I don't want any of their cards and the card that they offered has a $95 fee I believe..
Message 4 of 10
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Sounds like you've been picked up on their marketing/offers radar.

+1...feels good tho to be noticed by amex when you're just rebuilding Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 5 of 10
Anf_dude
Contributor

I Got An Invite To Their Gold Card. I WAS WAT TOO EXCITED. You know… To Finally Be Under Their Radar. I Guess Their First Invite From Them Was For The Delta Gold Card, But I Didn't Think Much Of That. They Prolly Jus Sent It Because I'm A SkyMiles Member.

Can't Wait To Apply For Them In 2015 Though.
Message 6 of 10
Movin_on_up
New Contributor

killer_queen229 / Anf_dude - What was the specific launguge that the mailing used?  Was it as simple as "you've been pre-approved"?   I ask becuase I got one for the Amex gold yesterday but it did not say "pre-selected" or "pre-approved".

Thanks.

Starting score: EQ FICO 8 702 (1/1/2012)
Current scores: EQ FICO 8: 763 / TU FICO 8: 760 / EX FICO 8: 765

Wallet: Chase Freedom 12K - Discover More 12K - Walmart 1K - Capital One MC 1K
Message 7 of 10
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@Movin_on_up wrote:

killer_queen229 / Anf_dude - What was the specific launguge that the mailing used?  Was it as simple as "you've been pre-approved"?   I ask becuase I got one for the Amex gold yesterday but it did not say "pre-selected" or "pre-approved".

Thanks.

Well I know they offered a specific card. It was a pre approval thing.

Message 8 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Unless you've had an Amex card in the past, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take the offer right now (first year AF is effectively waived) to set your membership date as 2013.

You may not want any of the rewards now, but Amex is one of the top rewards-offering credit card issuers, it'd be to your advantage to at least establish it for future backdating purposes when you are in a situation where their cards are the top of the hill for you: statistically at least with the current rewards as they stand, at some point that would happen and presumably that will continue to be the case.

        
Message 9 of 10
Movin_on_up
New Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@Movin_on_up wrote:

Thanks.

Well I know they offered a specific card. It was a pre approval thing.

Thanks! 

Starting score: EQ FICO 8 702 (1/1/2012)
Current scores: EQ FICO 8: 763 / TU FICO 8: 760 / EX FICO 8: 765

Wallet: Chase Freedom 12K - Discover More 12K - Walmart 1K - Capital One MC 1K
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.