cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express really came through for me tonight.

tag
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: American Express really came through for me tonight.

Glad to hear you're safe and thank you for sharing your story about AMEX- they really came through for you!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you are safe OP! Kudos to AMEX for going above and beyond to ensure that you are placed safely amidst the storm. More reasons to love AMEX. Keep safe OP!

Message 12 of 30
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Glad to hear that you're safe buddy! I've never had a bad experience with Amex but I've never had an issue like that. Your story and their rapid willingness to help is one of the big reasons Amex is staying in my wallet for good.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is great that they gave you that kind of service. I see you have several Amex cards. Do you feel that the service was a concierge type benefit of your Platinum or Gold cards? I ask because I wonder if someone like me, with only a BCE, would get that type of service.

Message 14 of 30
CivalV
Established Contributor

I am glad you are safe and that Amex was able to provide amazing customer service. I look forward to opening my first Amex Everyday in the next couple of months!
Message 15 of 30
topgunvf
Regular Contributor

Glad you're OK Shadow! Proud of AMEX and even more so that I carry them with me securely in my wallet! BRAVO AMEX!

Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing. Nice to be treated as a person, not an account number. Makes me happy to have a Amex in my back pocket.
Message 17 of 30
nrm
Frequent Contributor

Until such situation happehs, many people keep whinning nonstop about everything that Amex has done to keep such services live and ready 24/7 to its customers. I am wondering if Chase would have done the same to its Sapphire Reserve customers, let alone any Chase credit card customer.

I am happy you are safe and sound! Be strong to stand tall!
Message 18 of 30
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Wow. I’m glad you are okay and Amex was able to help you out.
Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

First off glad that you're safe and managed to secure accommodations w/o too much of a fuss. Also nice to hear a great story like this about a CCC, when it's usually always a complaint.

That said, it is interesting that Amex was the one that helped out considering they don't have as wide acceptance overeas.

Kudos to them!

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.