Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: American Express

@maksimfa wrote:

Did you go to the preselected site, it said they had no offers for you, but welcomed you to apply?

Typically the preapproval sites will not ask you for your full info, like income, etc.  Did you enter that?  If so, full app.

I would also call the recon department.

OP apped through CK, that is not a pre-approval. Also to recon with Amex, there must be an error in the credit report they pulled.  

Apping from any site based on a pre-selector or pre-qual does not constitute a guarantee. 

Message 21 of 24
toppers555
Established Contributor

Re: Hard Inquiry Pulls AMEX Address

@Joboak wrote:
Yes I was told I would not receive a hard pull. It said it flat out in their ad before I entered my social.

On exact "which" page are you refering to. if you used a site like credit.com and their preappoval tool is not a hp but if you actually apply it does not mean the credit card issuer may not do a hp.  Also has to be something your  missing  if you credit profile is as you stated and were still denied. Perhaps utilization on current cards or DTI.

edit: after looking at some of your prior post you stated you had no "revolving" credit lines  until recent. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 22 of 24
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Sounds like the OP's confused.  OP may have initially used a preapproval tool but a denial would only come from an actual application and there's no basis for a dispute if the OP overlooked the transition from preapproval to application.

@Joboak wrote:
It's not the fact that I was denied, it's the fact that it wasn't supposed to be a hard pull.

Always assume a hard pull if applying for credit.

@Joboak wrote:

So I done the little preapproval app.

Link?

Message 23 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

Sounds like the OP's confused.  OP may have initially used a preapproval tool but a denial would only come from an actual application and there's no basis for a dispute if the OP overlooked the transition from preapproval to application.

+1, that's certainly what it sounds like.  The preapproval sites do indeed say that it will not impact your credit score, but it seems like OP then went into an app, expecting the previous claim to hold true there.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.