cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Raises Cost Of Admirals Club Membership.

tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

American Raises Cost Of Admirals Club Membership.

Admirals Club membership cost increasing in cash

American has announced that they’ll be increasing the cost of Admirals Club memberships when paying in cash as of February 1, 2019.

For those paying for a membership in cash, the cost of an Admirals Club membership is increasing by $100, as follows:

• Regular: $550 to $650
  • Gold: $525 to $625
  • Platinum: $500 to $600
  • Platinum Pro: $475 to $575
  • Executive Platinum: $450 to $550
  • Concierge Key: free

Note that the above are prices for new members, while renewals are $50 less.

American will also be discontinuing Admirals Club household memberships, regardless of whether you pay in cash or miles.

While American is increasing the cost of Admirals Club memberships when paying cash, they’re reducing the cost of Admirals Club memberships when redeeming miles, as follows:

• Regular: 85,000 miles to 65,000 miles
  • Gold: 75,000 miles to 62,500 miles
  • Platinum: 70,000 miles to 60,000 miles
  • Platinum Pro: 65,000 miles to 57,500 miles
  • Executive Platinum: 60,000 miles to 55,000 miles
  • Concierge Key: free

Note that the above are prices for new members, while renewals are 5,000 miles less.

As of November 1, 2019, Admirals Club members will need to show a boarding pass with same day travel on American or a partner to access the lounge.

https://onemileatatime.com/american-raises-cost-of-admirals-club-membership/

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: American Raises Cost Of Admirals Club Membership.

Citi Exec is the best value for access anyway.  

Covered w/ lounge access on delta (amex plat) and aa, there would be no other airlines I would fly.

I don't know anyone who pays for Club memberships.  I really think the majority of access is done through credit cards.

One plus, it will be less crowded.  

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 3
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: American Raises Cost Of Admirals Club Membership.

The last time United raised the cost of United Club membership, Chase quickly raised the annual fee of the United Club credit card by the same amount.  I wonder if Citi will raise the annual fee on their high-end American Airlines credit card.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.