Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ameriprise and Barclay

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ameriprise and Barclay

Recently I got approved for Ameriprise World Elite MC. I want to apply for Barclay's now and not sure if they will look at my Ameriprise card as at credit with Barclay's even though this is a different bank and will say something like "you already have sufficient credit with us". Or since Barclay only manages cards for Ameriprise and not the lender itself then it does not matter? Thank you

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ameriprise and Barclay

bump

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump

Message 3 of 6
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Hi, Lexa!

I have a feeling that the "sufficient available credit" reason is one you'll be getting a lot if you continue to apply for card after card in a relatively short period of time.  You've got to let some of your exisitng cards age for a while before looking for new ones.

Just my opinion, of course.  But I have seen some of your other posts, and I think you're moving too fast for this credit environment. 

I hope I'm not offending you because that's not my intent.  This is just how I see it is all.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guys, please, read the question carefully before replying. I do not need to hear the same thing over and over again and I'm not applying anywhere yet. Thank you

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Recently I got approved for Ameriprise World Elite MC. I want to apply for Barclay's now and not sure if they will look at my Ameriprise card as at credit with Barclay's even though this is a different bank and will say something like "you already have sufficient credit with us". Or since Barclay only manages cards for Ameriprise and not the lender itself then it does not matter? Thank you

Lexa,

There's simply no way to give you any type of definitive answer for the question that you want answered. We don't have your credit reports, and we don't make lending decisions for Barclay's. All we can do is predict, based upon what you tell us, our personal experiences, the collective experiences (that we're aware of) in the body of knowledge that accumulates here, and overall trends in the credit/financial world. With regard to the relationship between Ameriprise & Barclay's, you should probably call Barclay's and ask them how/if having the Ameriprise product, managed by them, might impact a future credit relationship with Barclay.

Otherwise, I have to agree with UborrowUpay, whose answer was also relevant to your inquiry. Given the information that you've recently revealed in other threads, I think it is very likely that you'll receive 'sufficient credit' or 'too much new credit' declines for a while to come. Particularly so with Barclay's, because I recall a rash of closings reported by people who'd successfully opened cards, but opened a bunch of others as well within too short of a time period.

If you're planning to wait a reasonable amount of time before going after the card with Barclay's, then the potential answers to the current question might change dramatically.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.