Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 2015 MSD

tag
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex 2015 MSD

@Anonymous wrote:
Iv been seeing a lot of people getting the 2015 MSD in the last few days . I thought I'd let you all know that you can easily get Amex to make it 2014 . Chat online through your account and tell them you noticed the 2015 date and would like your online account and card to reflect the correct year (2014) . They'll fix the online account within 2 days and send you a new card within a week .

Welcome to American Express Live Chat! The next available Customer Care Professional will be with you shortly.

For quality assurance, this chat may be recorded and monitored. For your security, please click “END CHAT X” to close this chat window before leaving your computer unattended or when chat is complete.
You are now chatting with Scott.
Scott: Hi, welcome to American Express Chat. My name is Scott. How can I help you today?
you: Hello... I just received my card today and activated it. I notice it says Member Since Date of 2015. Shouldn't it be 2014? It was approved on 12/26 I even made a purchase on 12/29. Just curious, thanks.
Scott: I will surely check this for you.
Scott: Please do not worry at all.
Scott: Am I chatting with TRC_WA?
you: yes.
Scott: Thanks for the confirmation.(smile)
you: Smiley Happy
Scott: I can see that your card was approve in last days of the December that is why on your card has the member since 2015.
you: So it can't be changed to 2014?
Scott: If you wish then I Can submit the request from here.
you: I'd appreciate that.
Scott: Sure.
Scott: One moment please.
Scott: Thank you for waiting.
Scott: Please provide your phone number.
you: 555-867-5309
Scott: Thank you so much.(smile)
Scott: I have submitted the request from here and your confirmation number is XXXXXX
Scott: Anything else for me because I'd be happy to help?
you: Will I be getting an email or a letter or something?
you: I didn't think this was all that difficult. I've seen multiple reports of members getting their dates changed when December new accounts.
Scott: You will receive the new card with new member since date.
you: Oh ok, so a new card is on the way then?
Scott: Yes.
you: Thanks a lot, you've been a great help.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 21 of 33
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Just got my email with my new card notification and the website has updated to MSD 2014...  Thanks for the tips!

NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Message 22 of 33
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

I called the phone number looking for Jenny.  

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 23 of 33
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

I called the phone number looking for Jenny.  

Glad someone caught that... Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never get why they (everyone not just Amex) ask for a number if you're logged into a supposedly secure chat through your account.

Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just added my mom as an AU to my PRG and she had called AMEX to update her MSD to '99

She had an old Optima Plat('99)  and OBC('97) and still has the cards physically with her but multiple CSR's couldn't find the card#'s on file nor her profile (just the one of her as an AU on my acct)

They did however put a request for her to update her MSD without any other verification other than her own word!

She logged on today via chat to ask the CSR that the request was indeed put in, the rep said it takes 9-12 business days to process/update.

Anyone have or come across a similar situation?  Is 9-12 business days pretty standard?

Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just added my mom as an AU to my PRG and she had called AMEX to update her MSD to '99

She had an old Optima Plat('99)  and OBC('97) and still has the cards physically with her but multiple CSR's couldn't find the card#'s on file nor her profile (just the one of her as an AU on my acct)

They did however put a request for her to update her MSD without any other verification other than her own word!

She logged on today via chat to ask the CSR that the request was indeed put in, the rep said it takes 9-12 business days to process/update.

Anyone have or come across a similar situation?  Is 9-12 business days pretty standard?

Interesting. Amex has a rep for VERY thorough and well organized record keeping. It's surprising that they couldn't find her account info. Maybe she just ran in to a new crop of CSR's who don't know how to use the database.

Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting. Amex has a rep for VERY thorough and well organized record keeping. It's surprising that they couldn't find her account info. Maybe she just ran in to a new crop of CSR's who don't know how to use the database.

Maybe so!  I was confused when my mom handed me the phone to verify MY credentials for updating her MSD....  because they were pulling my account that she's an AU on Smiley Sad not her original accounts.

It was abit of back and forth, CSR's were nice and patient and we got passed higher up in the chain to a point where they couldn't find the info and just filled out the request form for her.  I'll have to report back in a 9-12 business days as to the outcome, unless of course they figure this out before that timeframe.

The 9-12 feels like the 7-10 for CC apps that'll just deny at the end Smiley Frustrated

Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not necessarily Smiley Happy I was told 9-12 days via chat, it took about 5-7 days but was done with no issues. Waiting sucks but give it a little time
Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Not necessarily Smiley Happy I was told 9-12 days via chat, it took about 5-7 days but was done with no issues. Waiting sucks but give it a little time

Concurred! Waiting does blow....   glad yours worked out sooner HF!

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.