Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3x CLI - 90 day wait

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex 3x CLI - 90 day wait

@Anonymous wrote:

My update is also around the 26th, and it's taking every ounce of willpower to wait.

Oh just get it over with so you can get the Venture and whatever other cards... Do it! Smiley Tongue..  I miscalculated mine by a month lol, it will be Oct.14th, thought it was this mornth for some reason until I went back and saw my posts in approval section for CLI and saw the date.. 

Message 11 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

No, it is not firm. It depends on a lot of factors, most importantly what card you currently have with amex, you credit score, and your income. I got my AMEX Simply Cash in July and almost maxed the credit limit while paying off the full balance amount 3 times in the month. I called up and they increased my credit line to almost 4x the amount. But in almost every case, AMEX will do a 3x CLI after 90 days if you have good credit and sufficent income that justifies your credit. I would request it if I were you. 

Wow you have some huge limits on the majority of your cards!

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good luck! I'm currently counting down to my 180.

What's the difference between the 90 and 180 days? Under what circumstances do you have to wait for either period?

Message 13 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What's the difference between the 90 and 180 days? Under what circumstances do you have to wait for either period?

90 Days if denied from last attempt at a CLI; meaning you can try again each 90 days until approved... 180 Day is if successful with last CLI; meaning each success you can get another possible CLI again each 180 days.  90 Days use to also be the rule from date of approval before requesting a CLI, but this rule went away towards Dec of last year.  Hope this helps

Keep in mind this applies to all Amex Revolvers, not just one.. So pick wisely if you have multipes because you can only do it once on one as they are all treated as a single account in essence w/regards to a CLI or denial.

Message 14 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

My patience isnt there to wait for another update lol They dont get around to updating mine until like the 24th-26th. Want to know now, now, now! Really Id be happy closing the business cards and moving those limits over to BCE but I think theres some crappy 13 month rule or other about that. Which I might be eligible for in November....I think. Cant keep up with this stuff!

But This Is America I Want It Now.gif

Message 15 of 18
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

90 Days if denied from last attempt at a CLI; meaning you can try again each 90 days until approved... 180 Day is if successful with last CLI; meaning each success you can get another possible CLI again each 180 days.  90 Days use to also be the rule from date of approval before requesting a CLI, but this rule went away towards Dec of last year.  Hope this helps

Keep in mind this applies to all Amex Revolvers, not just one.. So pick wisely if you have multipes because you can only do it once on one as they are all treated as a single account in essence w/regards to a CLI or denial.

Wow I did not know that. Thanks.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So let me give an example, and you let me know how to apply this rule, because well... I'm in it Smiley Happy

Let's say I applied for a CLI on May 1, 2015 and was approved. Assuming I do nothing else, I would be eligible to request another CLI after 180 days. However, after 2 months (let's say July 1, 2015), I hit that button again and was of course denied because it was too soon.

Now what is my waiting period until I can ask for a CLI?

-is it still 180 days from May 1, 2015?

-is it 90 days from July 1, 2015 since it was a denied? However if it's 90 days from July 1, then it is still within the 180 days from May 1.

-is it 180 days from July 1? <-- this would be the safest answer, but obviously I'm leaving days on the table if I can request sooner.

Message 17 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So let me give an example, and you let me know how to apply this rule, because well... I'm in it Smiley Happy

Let's say I applied for a CLI on May 1, 2015 and was approved. Assuming I do nothing else, I would be eligible to request another CLI after 180 days. However, after 2 months (let's say July 1, 2015), I hit that button again and was of course denied because it was too soon.

Now what is my waiting period until I can ask for a CLI?

-is it still 180 days from May 1, 2015?  <--This

-is it 90 days from July 1, 2015 since it was a denied? However if it's 90 days from July 1, then it is still within the 180 days from May 1.

-is it 180 days from July 1? <-- this would be the safest answer, but obviously I'm leaving days on the table if I can request sooner.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.