Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3x CLI Timing Advice

tag
FICOEmpire
Regular Contributor

Amex 3x CLI Timing Advice

I was approved for Blue Cash on 7/31/14 for $1000 limit. I got the 3x 61 day increase to $3000 on 10/1/14. I understand I need to wait 6 months (180 days) to request another CLI. The thing is I decided to app for the Everyday card and was approved on 11/06/14 for $5000. My dilemma is when to ask for CLI and for which one next. I think I need to wait 6 months between CLI approval for any card. I need advice going forward. CLI request for BCE in about 4 1/2 months or Everyday for 3x. Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex 3x CLI Timing Advice

I think you will have to wait for 6 months from your app for Everyday card. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should wait the 6 months American Express will watch you like a hawk and they will wonder why the apps and cli in such a close period of time, I know from personal experience.

Message 3 of 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/m-p/1811071

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 6
Chris679
Established Contributor

It's 6 months from the last CLI for either card, 4/1/15. As for which one that's up to you.
Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@FICOEmpire wrote:

I think I need to wait 6 months between CLI approval for any card.

Yup.  Covered in the 3x CLI Guide (link provided above).  If you have not read it then defintely take a look at it.

@FICOEmpire wrote:

I need advice going forward. CLI request for BCE in about 4 1/2 months or Everyday for 3x.

Completely your call to make.  If you want recommendations then we need a lot more info about your goals and priorities.

@Anonymous wrote:

You should wait the 6 months American Express will watch you like a hawk and they will wonder why the apps and cli in such a close period of time, I know from personal experience.

Everyone's credit isn't identical.  It's entirely possible for one's credit to support X apps and Y CLI's while the next person's might not.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.