Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3x CLI ???

tag
stealthc63
New Contributor

Amex 3x CLI ???

So I have two cards with Amex, BCP and BCE. I just paid the balance off of my BCE of $7500 which was my credit limit and I'm wondering if I should wait until my statement cuts so it is reflected on my report to boost my score before I request the 3x CLI. This would put me at $22,500 which would be AMAZING. My limit on the BCP is only $1000 so I don't wanna waste a request on that one. What are your thoughts/experiences???

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
slweal87
Contributor

Re: Amex 3x CLI ???

It won't let you apply before the 60 days is up if that is what you are worried about. But I would wait until they soft pull you again. If it shows a hefty balance (a soft pull before you paid it down) they are less likely to approve. I just got denied after only utilizing 1,000/5,000 when I requested the increase.

1. WFCU Visa (2,000) 2. Chase Freedom (1,500) 3. Chase Amazon (300) 4. Chase Sapphire non-preferred (5,000) 5. Discover IT (3,500) 6. Capital One Quicksilver (3,000) 7. Citibank Dividend (4,300) 8. AMEX Costco True Earnings (5,000) 9. Barclaycard Arrival w/ AF (3,000) 10. Target REDcard (2,700) 11. Amex Blue Cash Everyday (10,000)
Message 2 of 5
stealthc63
New Contributor

I've had both cards since November of 2012 btw. Only asked for one 3x CLI at my 61 day mark on the BCE. Nothing since.

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@stealthc63 wrote:

So I have two cards with Amex, BCP and BCE. I just paid the balance off of my BCE of $7500 which was my credit limit and I'm wondering if I should wait until my statement cuts so it is reflected on my report to boost my score before I request the 3x CLI. This would put me at $22,500 which would be AMAZING. My limit on the BCP is only $1000 so I don't wanna waste a request on that one. What are your thoughts/experiences???

I would ask why would one ask for more credit without first obtaining their best FICO score??

Message 4 of 5
megaman1
Regular Contributor

my 3xcli is in 2 hours!!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.