Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3x & EX score

tag
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

Amex 3x & EX score

My 61 day 3x is coming up in 7 days.  Amex last sp'ed on December 30 on EX. 

Yesterday I bought my EX from myfico and also did the pre approval on Credit One Bank.  The sp from Credit One was on my EX report when I checked this morning.  Here is the question, which score is Amex seeing?  The Credit One EX score is 26 points higher than what the EX myfico showed on the same day....anyone care to chime in on why such a big difference? 

My myfico EX score is exactly what it was when I was approved for my Amex but my ULT is, and has, reported 1% since my Amex approval, compared to 16% at approval, so if they liked that profile at approval, I'm hoping they'll like the current for 3x. 

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Amex 3x & EX score

@Blackrv7 wrote:

My 61 day 3x is coming up in 7 days.  Amex last sp'ed on December 30 on EX. 

Yesterday I bought my EX from myfico and also did the pre approval on Credit One Bank.  The sp from Credit One was on my EX report when I checked this morning.  Here is the question, which score is Amex seeing? Amex uses their own internal scoring system they just pull a score from EX to start the process

The Credit One EX score is 26 points higher than what the EX myfico showed on the same day....anyone care to chime in on why such a big difference? To many Fico scoring models out their (49) but all can lead to a different score ....could be credit card enhanced version just one example 

My myfico EX score is exactly what it was when I was approved for my Amex but my ULT is, and has, reported 1% since my Amex approval, compared to 16% at approval, so if they liked that profile at approval, I'm hoping they'll like the current for 3x. Good luck 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.