Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3x cli

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex 3x cli

My 180 day Amex 3x CLI is coming up on the 21th. Finger is itching to go from 3k to 9k....
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex 3x cli

Good luck I just received mine. I was worried that I wouldn't get the whole 3x at 181 days since I got it at 61 days. To make it even more interesting....it was the 181 day for my delta gold. I had just opened BCP at the 181 day mark for my delta gold, requested it for my BCP and got it (3x) on the BCP. Then I moved 7000 from my delta gold to the BCP. I wrote a more detailed post about it last month:

"I was under the understanding that you could not reallocate available credit between cards unless one of the accounts had 13 statements to cut. Well I have a Delta Godl Skymiles card that I opened May 24th 2016 and a BCP which was opened January 15th 2017. The BCP had a SL of 5000.00 and the Delta had a starting limit of 4000.00. After 3xcli on Delta Gold Delta (became12000.00) on July 25th 2016 and since 6months had passed I was able to go 3xcli on BCP on January 20th (went to 15000.00). I rarely use the Delta Gold so I decided to try to reallocate 7000.00 to BCP (now 22000.00) leaving the Delta Gold at 5000.00. I wanted to share this experience just in case someone wanted to give it a try to see if there was a change in policy."

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My 180 day Amex 3x CLI is coming up on the 21th. Finger is itching to go from 3k to 9k....

Hopefully you'll get it!  Was your first CLI a 3X from $1k to $3k?

Interestingly enough, MY next 180 day opportunity with Amex is on the 21st as well.  My last CLI took me from $10k to $30k (at 64 days) so I think it's a bit unrealistic to ask for another 3X CLI at 180+ days later.  I'm probably going to ask for $45k and then back it down little by little until I receive an instant approval.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't know you could do that. I thought once you get the message, you would have to wait 90 days. Wow thanks for that info.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did receive my 3x cli at 61 days. But are you willing to push your luck and hope you don't receive a fincial review from Amex? Since it could trigger that

Doinit what messsage are you talking about? If there was a misunderstanding I didn't try again after my intial 61 day CLI. I counted out the time and it falls on the 21th of this month. Not one day sooner.
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh good luck to you! I've got the 181 day coming up this month as well! Though I'm going to use it on a different card. The first brought SPG from 6k to 18k, and I'm hoping to get the ED from 8k to 24k for a new highest CL Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hopefully you'll get it!  Was your first CLI a 3X from $1k to $3k?

Interestingly enough, MY next 180 day opportunity with Amex is on the 21st as well.  My last CLI took me from $10k to $30k (at 64 days) so I think it's a bit unrealistic to ask for another 3X CLI at 180+ days later.  I'm probably going to ask for $45k and then back it down little by little until I receive an instant approval.

I just got approved for 10k CL last week for BCE. When you did your 3x CLI for 30k Did amex ask for any verifcation about your income?

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Andydenver86

Sorry, I misundertood what you were saying,,,got it now..Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 19
colinstu
Regular Contributor

I just went from $8k to $15k on my BCE. I should've went all out and asked for $24k... but decided to play it 'safe' and go for less. Needless to say, it was approved with no issues. 

Well, at least the next time I try it, my (final?) jump to $25k should be successful. 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got approved for 10k CL last week for BCE. When you did your 3x CLI for 30k Did amex ask for any verifcation about your income?

No, instant approval for $30k without IV.  Stated income was $79k.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.