cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 50k rewards points and no AF for two years!

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Amex 50k rewards points and no AF for two years!

I just applied and got the 7-10 days message.  If they try to pull my EX or TU reports there will be a delay in my approval.  Both reports are frozen. 

Message 11 of 28
Woolfman
Established Contributor

They pulled Exp on me.

Message 12 of 28
DI
Super Contributor

They pulled EX for my Blue Cash card in 2009.  I had to give them my password to access my EX credit report.  I may have to give them my password to access my EX report again  if I want to continue the credit process. At least this gives me time to decide if I really want the card without having a new credit inquiry.   I doubt if they pull my EQ report.  EQ is a subprime CRA to AMEX. 

Message 13 of 28
ferrari
Regular Contributor

Approved. Thanks for the heads up. I envied those who got this offer in the mail.

BTW I have a Detla Gold card this offer is for new CHARGE card memebers not new AMEX members.

Message 14 of 28
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@Woolfman wrote:

I ran across this on another site and it was too good for me to pass up and thought i would share.

AMEX Premier rewards Gold card:https://www304.americanexpress.com/personal-card-application/premier-rewards-gold-card/40176-270-0-D...

Pay no annual fee for the first two years, then $1751

My jaw hit the floor when I first saw this.  Then I followed the link and saw that the "1" is actually a footnote!

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 15 of 28
Amnesia87
Contributor

Are the higher level Charge Cards harder to get than say a Zync card?

I've been thinking about getting a Zync sooner or later, obviously this is a better card, I just wonder if I'd really qualify.

Starting Score: EX FICO: Unknown EQ FICO: 717 TU (CreditKarma): 713
Current Score: EX FICO: 737 EQ FICO: 752 TU (CreditKarma): 717
Goal Score: EX FICO: 760 EQ FICO: 760 TU (CreditKarma): 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 28
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

@ferrari wrote:

Approved. Thanks for the heads up. I envied those who got this offer in the mail.

BTW I have a Detla Gold card this offer is for new CHARGE card memebers not new AMEX members.

I too have the Delta gold and this offer is not available to me

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I to am wondering what kinds of scores, length of history, and uti are required for this card.

Message 18 of 28
Woolfman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I to am wondering what kinds of scores, length of history, and uti are required for this card.

Well just to show my side of things. They pulled exp i had 9 inq's . I have about an 18% utility (gah! seems low but i have about 90k in available credit lines) AAOA is 2.2years. oldest account is 14years old. No negatives.

Message 19 of 28
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I'd really love to take advantage of this. I wanted to upgrade from Green to PR Gold, but since this offer is not available to existing charge member, I'm quite bummed. I know, I know, these offers are meant to entice new customers, but where is the love for the loyal existing customers?!

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.