cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 50k rewards points and no AF for two years!

tag
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex 50k rewards points and no AF for two years!

I read elsewhere that this was a targeted offer for Columbia grads only but that someone posted the link.  Hopefully everyone who has applied will get the bonus points, but I would be taking screen shots of the offer so you can send it in to Amex if your bonus points aren't awarded.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Woolfman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I to am wondering what kinds of scores, length of history, and uti are required for this card.

Well just to show my side of things. They pulled exp i had 9 inq's . I have about an 18% utility (gah! seems low but i have about 90k in available credit lines) AAOA is 2.2years. oldest account is 14years old. No negatives.

Very good to know. Thanks

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just applied and got the 14 day message. Very similar to Woolfman with 17uti 8 inq AAoA 5.2 yrs Oldest 26 yrs. No neg.

Message 23 of 28
mew
Valued Member

Thank you for posting that link Woolfman...I used it over the weekend.

Starting Score: 400's
Current Score: EQ 790 EX 782 TU 765 NOV 2013 (MYFICO SCORES)
Goal Score: All Above 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 28
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Just as an update.

I got my card in the mail today and the insert did not reflect what was on the offer when i submitted the application. So i sent them an email asking if i had the promotion and this was the response i got .

"Yes, your Card account ending in xxxxx is a first year fee free Card product. You will not be charged $175.00 fee in the first year.

Additionally, I see that the promotional offer associated with your Card account is "get 10,000 Membership Rewards points after their first purchase."

I understand that we are offering "50,000" Membership Rewards bonus points if Cardmembers spend $500 within the first three months of Cardmembership" and this offer is not associated with your Card account.

I would like to assure you that we will honor you this new promotional offer.

I would request you to please write to us after you have met the spending of $500.00 on your account and we will issue additional 40,000 points to your account.

Additionally, you will surely receive 10,000 points associated with the original promotion offer on your Card account.

I would like to inform you that as per the promotional offer the 10,000 points associated with this offer will be credited to your account within 8 - 10 weeks from the date you make first purchase on your Card account.

If you have not received these points within this timeframe, please write back to us and we will issue the points to you."

i guess ill have to argue a bit for the extra year no membership fee also. I will let everyone know what the response is to the second year question when they reply .

Message 25 of 28
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Well after another email it almost sounds like they will just tell you whatever they think you want to hear.

but this was the latest response.

Yes, your Card account ending in xxxxx is a fee free for two years. If you see a membership fee applied to your account, please write to us and we will issue a credit for the membership fee.

Please understand that due to some technical error this offer was not linked to your Card account. Due to this reason we are asking you to write to us after you have met the spending of $500.00 on your account, so that we can issue additional 40,000 points to your account.

Message 26 of 28
DI
Super Contributor

I got declined today.   It's because they cannot access my Experian report due to a freeze being on it.  They want me to give them my pin number.   I'll pass since  I have 10 open accounts.  I sure wanted those 50k reward points!!  I may change my mind and give them the PIN before the 30 days are out. 

Message 27 of 28
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Just as an Update. As of today my account was credited the 50000 reward points.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.