Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 61 Day CLI Question?

tag
bmd0224
New Contributor

Amex 61 Day CLI Question?

Question for the Experts:

Everyone says to call Amex 61 days after activation of their new credit card for your 3X CLI. Is this something that every card holder will get 100% of the time? Or will Amex counter with something less than 3X? I've heard this is also a SP (soft pull); could they deny you the increase due to opening multiple new accounts? I apped and was successful with (2) Amex cards, and (1) Chase card the past three weeks as well as CLI's on 3 of my cards which were SP's and auto CLI's.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

01/11/13:
EQ Fico: 716 (from myfico)
TU Fico: 719 (from Walmart)
EX Fico: 719 (from myfico)

Chase Sapphire Pref. II AMEX Platinum II Amex PRG II Amex SPG II Citi AAdvantage II Barclays US Airways II Chase Freedom
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex 61 Day CLI Question?

no, its not an automatic approval, i was denied any increase after 61 days, They didn't like my  $1000 balance on my $6k CL. I want to get my UTL back down below 10% and try again near december. When more stuff falls off. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 6
bmd0224
New Contributor

So i'm wondering if my balance is PIF and at Zero at the time of CLI if it would be granted.....hmmm?

01/11/13:
EQ Fico: 716 (from myfico)
TU Fico: 719 (from Walmart)
EX Fico: 719 (from myfico)

Chase Sapphire Pref. II AMEX Platinum II Amex PRG II Amex SPG II Citi AAdvantage II Barclays US Airways II Chase Freedom
Message 3 of 6
shtws
New Contributor

When you say balance, is it something that you carried over from month to month?  I have been PIF each month but have some charges on my account about 1k for 5K limit.  Do I need to pay in full regardless of when the next statement is?

Message 4 of 6
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

I had about $500 on my BCE with a starting limit of 8K on my 61st day. I did not pay in full because I got 12 months 0% interest. I was approved for 19.5K and I asked for 20K and that's what they countered with. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 5 of 6
cleanitup
Regular Contributor

I had about $600 balance on my AMEX BCP and called last night, my starting limit was $9k and I asked for $18k and was approved.   Most of the time I PIF my AMEX sometimes i carry a small balance.  My overall debt utilization is 15%.  I didnt ask for 3x, just 2x.   I applied for AMEX BCP in April, but did not call at 61 days cause i forgot and did it last night.   I havent applied for any credit since April. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.