Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex APR . . . WOW!

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Amex APR . . . WOW!

My BCE Amex came with an APR of 21.9% when the account was opened over a year ago.  Our HHonors Surpass came with a 17.9% APR when opened about 9 months ago.  I called today to see if they could match APR's on both accounts, and to my surprise after the CSR spoke with a manager, they lowered the APR on my BCE to 10.9% !  WOW....thanks Amex!

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex APR . . . WOW!

Wow - congrats. The is a really nice reduction! I think I need to call them. I am at 15.24%.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 2 of 9
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 3 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

That's awesome congrats!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang!  I never have even looked at my AmEx Costco APR I always PIF each month hey I'm going to do that and maybe give them a call when I get back to CONUS!!

Message 5 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

Nice reduction !!

I should call them. My BCE is at 17.99

Message 6 of 9
learnin113
Established Contributor

Nice!

Message 7 of 9
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

That's nice, but I would never carry a balance on an AMEX card.  That's not a good game plan with that particular company, regardless of what they say.  AMEX likes their money every month.

Message 8 of 9
n777ua
Established Contributor

@Watchmann wrote:

That's nice, but I would never carry a balance on an AMEX card.  That's not a good game plan with that particular company, regardless of what they say.  AMEX likes their money every month.

I used to think that; but then I decided if that really were the case they wouldn't have revolvers at all or allow deferred charges up to $30k on their Plat product.  That being said, they're still the last CC company I'd ever make enemies with Smiley Happy

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.