Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex APR reductions are alive again...

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Amex APR reductions are alive again...

So saw a few successes lately with AMEX apr reductions.  As alot of you know they have been very rare lately if not impossible to get for the last several years.  It appears they are back, thankfully!!  I was able to get anywhere from 3-4% apr reductions across the board on my personal card and 4 business Amex Revolvers Smiley Happy.  Always better to have better terms just in case..  I did it by chat..  I will hit them up in another month for cards that aren't already at the lowest published apr's as they were laying on some heavy apr's recently for people with excellent credit myself included.  Hopefully they rectify that for other people that deserve better apr's for have good/excellent credit.  Might want to hit up chat and go for yours as well if the 20%+'s have been driving you crazy as well!  Best of luck.

BTW these are permanent apr reductions.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex APR reductions are alive again...

Great DPs and thanks for sharing @CreditCuriosity. Curious, did they do them all at once in one chat session?
Message 2 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:
Great DPs and thanks for sharing @CreditCuriosity. Curious, did they do them all at once in one chat session?

Lol Yep... I think he was slightly annoyed by the end of the conversation... I actually must correct something it was 4 revolvers lowered as forgot my simplycash was on a 0% apr, so that one wasn't able to be done at the time.. Cool rep.. I said what is the point of having a 800 score with some, if not the worse terms on cards as that isnt the price you pay for credit..  

Message 3 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome, glad to hear you were able to achieve great results on them 👍😁
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Going to try this now on my only Amex (BCE) account.  I have no clue what my current APR is, but will ask via chat for a reduction and see what happens.  I will report back.  Thanks for the heads up!

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that didn't take long, as evidenced by the time stamped on my last post. 

Reduction from 14.99% --> 13.74%

amexapr.jpg

CC, I may have missed it in your original post, but what was your before/after APR?

Message 6 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, that didn't take long, as evidenced by the time stamped on my last post. 

Reduction from 14.99% --> 13.74%

amexapr.jpg

CC, I may have missed it in your original post, but what was your before/after APR?

Congrats they all varied as 4 different cards i got them on.. highest was 25.x!!! Ranged from 18-25%  Cash magnet was the biggest offender.  Hopefully this sticks around a few months now the cat is out of the bag as not at lowest published apr on a few cards still.. Amex also goes below or use to go below published aprs.. I had an old delta that i no longer have around 6%ish after several apr reductions over several months

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know.

Are there any set guidelines as far as how often one can receive an APR reduction?  I know some lenders like Discover for example require 6 months between them, where others like Citi have no time constraints and you can literally get one every day for several days if your profile allows for it.

Message 8 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Can try every statement if you so wish they worse they can say is no.. No guidelines last time I use to get them from them.. Think I did each statement and got them like clock work.. Your APR is pretty low now which is probably the lowest published APR?  Not sure if they go below published apr's anymore with apr reductions at this time?  Suppose one way to find out..

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

amex.JPG

No go for me.......Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.