cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex APR reductions are alive again...

tag
j615
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex APR reductions are alive again...

Just did a chat session. Super easy. 17.99% to 14.99%

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

amex.JPG

No go for me.......Smiley Frustrated

What's your current APR?  Maybe it's already at the lowest possible?

Does anyone know the lowest APR possible on an Amex revolver?

Message 12 of 23
kdm31091
Super Contributor

A few years ago when they did permanent APR reductions they were dropping a lot of APRs well below published rates. It could be now that they're brought this back (for some people), they're being more cautious and they're not going to lower it below the rate range for the product you have.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to get permanent reductions last month for my 3 revolvers. Glad to see others having the same success.

Message 14 of 23
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Will it definitely not happen for a newly opened card (opened two weeks ago - no statement yet)? Is it worth trying? Thanks!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 15 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@KJinNC wrote:

Will it definitely not happen for a newly opened card (opened two weeks ago - no statement yet)? Is it worth trying? Thanks!

IMO it is a long shot, but can always try..  Usually it is based on relationship with them, obviously credit profile and putting money through their cards among other things.  I would give it 3 months, but I suppose a squeaky wheel can get grease as well?

Message 16 of 23
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

While on The phone with Amex for another small Issue, I got My Hilton Card APR reduced by 3%.

I never carry any balances, so it's kind of a self Grats thing.Smiley Happy

I did ask for a rate reduction on My Gold charge card (I do not use POT) ,   ...I Got a good laugh on that.Smiley LOL

Rep Thanked me for over 35 years with them. I thanked Him, for treating people as being Human.Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know, though I'll have to wait a couple cycles to let my score rebound from inq and new account. So i hope they're still being generous then.

I'm curious though, could this all be due to the fed lowering rates recently? 

Message 18 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to know, though I'll have to wait a couple cycles to let my score rebound from inq and new account. So i hope they're still being generous then.

I'm curious though, could this all be due to the fed lowering rates recently? 

no as rate reduction was only a quarter point..  It will most likely be another .5 to 1 point in the next year, but time will tell, but no correlation persay

Message 19 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Grats @CreditCuriosity on your reductions. Of all creditors, getting apr redux from Amex is least pressing as i want to pif with them so meh but who knows maybe ill try one day.
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.