Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex AU backdating question

tag
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

Amex AU backdating question

Sorry, yet ANOTHER Amex backdating question. I couldn't find the answer to this:

I have one Amex card: Member since 2011. My sister's current Amex says Member Since 2004. If she adds me as an AU, can I get my member since date back to 2004? I would love to be like Marty McFly and go back in time.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
VegasKyle
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex AU backdating question

I don't know the answer to this but I think the chicken has to come before the egg. I think you have to be an AU first then get your own account to go back. I don't think you can open a new account (first relationship with AMEX) then get added as an AU and have your account go back to 2004.

Starting Score: EQ 599, TU 577
Current Score: EQ 703 9/20/14(HI 741 on 5/13), TU 690 10/1/14 (HI 751 on 5/13), EX 700 10/1/14
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

@VegasKyle wrote:
I don't know the answer to this but I think the chicken has to come before the egg. I think you have to be an AU first then get your own account to go back. I don't think you can open a new account (first relationship with AMEX) then get added as an AU and have your account go back to 2004.

That's definately my guess. However, i'm hoping someone in this MyFICO world gave it a shot and see if it worked! Smiley Happy

Thanks for your input.

Message 3 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.