Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex AU no SS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex AU no SS

Hi All,

Recently I added my father to my Amex PRG account, and it went through successfully. Five days later I receive a letter from Amex stating he was denied to be added as an AU to my account. I called them to receive some clarification, and told me he had a previous bankruptsy in 2010. My mother's credit is also in poor shape and does not have a good relationship with Amex from 2009 as well.

Since my father is most likely flagged by a recent AU inquiry, do you think I'll still be able to add my mother without providing her social? She will be flying with my father domestically and internationally this year and want them to use my card for airline credit, hotel upgrades, etc. I don't really want anything to report back on her credit, I just want them to have comfortable flights using my PRG card.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex AU no SS

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

Recently I added my father to my Amex PRG account, and it went through successfully. Five days later I receive a letter from Amex stating he was denied to be added as an AU to my account. I called them to receive some clarification, and told me he had a previous bankruptsy in 2010. My mother's credit is also in poor shape and does not have a good relationship with Amex from 2009 as well.

Since my father is most likely flagged by a recent AU inquiry, do you think I'll still be able to add my mother without providing her social? She will be flying with my father domestically and internationally this year and want them to use my card for airline credit, hotel upgrades, etc. I don't really want anything to report back on her credit, I just want them to have comfortable flights using my PRG card.

Thanks!

Highly unlikely that you'll be able to add your mom as an AU without providing her SSN.  Even if you got past that part, Amex will still be able to link her thru credit files and deny her as an AU.. AMEX is pretty stringent about not letting people even be an AU on an account if they burned them in the past.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.