Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex AU “pay it”

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex AU “pay it”

My fiancée added me to his Amex as an AU to buy stuff he needs while at work, but can’t get away to buy himself.

He has paid the account down to 0, but on my AU login it still says 110.41 “pay it.” It then asks me for banking info. I was wondering if I still need to pay Amex even though his account shows no balance and full available credit.

I just don’t want a late pay showing on my credit report since it’s still asking me to “pay it.” The CSR had no idea.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
tparks5961
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex AU “pay it”

I would pay it and sort it out later. 

It'll be much easier to get the 110.00 back, than wait 7 yrs..  

Last Inquiry 12/23/2022 Ally Bank Mortgage
Fico Score Progression: 10/1/2018 EQ 530 TU 535 EX 540 | 1/10/2023 EQ 785 TU 789 EX 787
Message 2 of 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Welcome to the forums!  When a primary user logs into Amex, they see the full account information while the AU will only see their own charges.  If you're seeing "Pay It" next to a transaction, that's just Amex's way for you to be able to apply a mid-statement payment to a transaction that has not yet posted to the monthly statement.  Amex allows you to pay more than the current balance so by paying that now with a $0 actual balance on the account, your fiancé would have a negative balance if no further charges were made prior to the statement closing.

So it's normal for Pay It to show on any charges made during the current billing cycle, even if a payment has been made to bring the total account balance to zero.  There would be no late showing on your credit report (and his since he is the primary member) unless he failed to make the minimum payment on the card for at least 30 days after the due date.

As long as when he logs into his account and sees this, no worries at all about late fees or late reporting.  You do have a 25-56 day grace period between when a charge is made and when payment is actually due.

Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 1.39.37 PM.png

[Edited for pronouns.  Fiancée (feminine) vs fiancé (masculine) threw me off, but I see that you said "he" in your post.  Sorry about that.]

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the advice.

My last question:
I had a previous charge off ten years ago with America express. If I use the “pay it” feature on my current AU card, will that restart the old debt on the other 10 yr old charged off account?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for the advice.

My last question:
I had a previous charge off ten years ago with America express. If I use the “pay it” feature on my current AU card, will that restart the old debt on the other 10 yr old charged off account?

No it won't

Message 5 of 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Not at all.  Any activity as an authorized user will have have no effect on any primary accounts, whether they are open or closed.  Your fiancé is the only one who has any financial resposibility at all for this account, and you are the only one with any financial responsibility for your own accounts.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.