Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex AU perk abuse?

tag
Subexistence
Established Contributor

Amex AU perk abuse?

I have a targetted offer where for each AU that I add I can earn $25 for $250 spend. I can add up to 4 AUs for up to $100. Could I make up names to put in for the AU cards then spend those AU cards myself pretending a made up person spent on them? If it comes down to it, I can just add the names of my cousings, aunts, and uncles in another country then spend for them on AU cards meant for them. After I meet the bonus, should I close AU account  , reduce AU limit, etc to not look suspicious. 

I definitely don't want to get blacklisted from Amex but I do want the $100, so what is the best way to abuse this perk without getting caught?

Oh yea no SSN required for first 60 days.

Capture1.PNG

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex AU perk abuse?

@Subexistence wrote:

I have a targetted offer where for each AU that I add I can earn $25 for $250 spend. I can add up to 4 AUs for up to $100. Could I make up names to put in for the AU cards then spend those AU cards myself pretending a made up person spent on them? If it comes down to it, I can just add the names of my cousings, aunts, and uncles in another country then spend for them on AU cards meant for them. After I meet the bonus, should I close AU account  , reduce AU limit, etc to not look suspicious. 

I definitely don't want to get blacklisted from Amex but I do want the $100, so what is the best way to abuse this perk without getting caught?

No, making up names is not allowed and is unethical.  It could result in the shut down of your Amex accounts.  Discussing unethical activities is a violation of MyFICO's Forums Terms of Service.  Additionally you should never add someone as an authorized user to any credit account without their explicit consent.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regardless of the ethics in this plan, They will require a SSN before they'll active the AU card you order. I just activated mine in DH's account yesterday and couldn't move forward without a SSN.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

SSN is required?! There goes my plan to use my pets.
Message 4 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sub, please take this advice with good intentions. Stop trying to cut corners for some free cash. You're walking a slippery path. It will not end well for you either now or in the future. Until banks stop giving out bonuses i realize there will always be churners but losing relationships youve built up or worse is not worth $25 or even $100. This is just my humble opinion.
Message 5 of 14
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Honestly, I had to re-read the question because, quite frankly, I was stunned that someone would ask this type of question.

I was told eons ago -- if one has to ask a question that involves unethical behavior, that the person already knows the answer. 

Like everyone has said, don't even think about doing something like this. It really isn't worth it and it could be considered fraud -- not just gaming the system.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 14
wasCB14
Super Contributor

If someone with a US-issued Amex card wanted to add a real person as an AU, but that person was a foreigner who lacked a SNN, would Amex possibly accept some sort of ID number from a foreign country if Amex issues cards in that foreign country (and, conceivably, would be able to pull that person's foreign credit)?

Purely hypothetical. There's no particular country I have an interest in about this.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 14
Kidcat
Established Contributor

OP- as other's have said it is unethical, but it is also fraudulent, and it could lead to more than just shutting down your cards.  

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 9 of 14
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
SSN is required?! There goes my plan to use my pets.

Look at the positive side..at least they can still vote  Smiley Tongue

To the OP,   I get that you're attempting to maximize your rewards with minimal expenditure, but going about it in this manner is not the path I'd choose.

Even at minimum wage pay, you're risking little more than one day of effort for a permanent blacklisting from a major card issuer.  

Why?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.