Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Account Review?

tag
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Account Review?

Business As Usual. American Express Financial Review will show up on the day of/after the INQ as they subscribe to this EX service. It will also show up around the days a new derogatory account is reported (lates/collection etc). Pretty nice of Experian eh? Smiley Frustrated

Message 21 of 32
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Word! It's alright snowkitty you'll be fine.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 22 of 32
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hello All!
Amex- Citi and other financial institutions subscribe to a service offered by the CRBs to alert them of new hard inqs and provides the subscriber a sp inq of the new information. It's common practice. Not all banks subscribe for example Barclays- which does their own investigating via SP. OP- Amex reviews their accounts frequently and the SPs come under 2 headings: Amex Act Review and Amex. As long as you manage your accounts well and don't let that utility creep up- you'll be fine. Hope this helps you. :-)

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 23 of 32
Open123
Super Contributor

Completely normal.

Chase, Citi, and Amex all use a service (at least they use the service with my accounts) that alerts them automatically whenever I have a HP and/or new account.  All three (amongst others, B of A does this too) will automatically have a SP account review, irrespective of which CR posted your HP.

This has been like clockwork the entire time they've extended me credit.

Message 24 of 32
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I bet they pay a hefty feeeee for those alerts too!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 25 of 32
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@bluedog1 wrote:

Nothing to worry about, Amex soft pulls EX at regular intervals for the life of an account.

...and beyond. I haven't had an Amex in nearly 20 yrs, and my reports still show SPs from three different Amex division, including Account Review.

Message 26 of 32
android01
Valued Contributor

There is a dirty little secret about EX.  If anyone has backdoored their EX reports and seen a SP from CREDIT COMMUNICATIONS SV, you'll know what I'm talking about.  EX notifies all of the lenders that subscribe to EX that you are applying for new credit.  They do this through CREDIT COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES.  For example, I applied for a Citi card on October 27th 2010.  There was a soft pull from Credit Communications Services, Amex, Chase, and Bank of America all on the same day 10/27/2010.  I have accounts with all of the aforementioned, and I've seen this pattern repeat over time, only when there has been a hard pull from an application.  EX does notify other creditors when you are seeking new credit.  Smiley Indifferent 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 27 of 32
Open123
Super Contributor

@android01 wrote:

There is a dirty little secret about EX.  If anyone has backdoored their EX reports and seen a SP from CREDIT COMMUNICATIONS SV, you'll know what I'm talking about.  EX notifies all of the lenders that subscribe to EX that you are applying for new credit.  They do this through CREDIT COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES.  For example, I applied for a Citi card on October 27th 2010.  There was a soft pull from Credit Communications Services, Amex, Chase, and Bank of America all on the same day 10/27/2010.  I have accounts with all of the aforementioned, and I've seen this pattern repeat over time, only when there has been a hard pull from an application.  EX does notify other creditors when you are seeking new credit.  Smiley Indifferent 

Yep, see them all the time on my softs.  Everytime I do anything, they send out to all my creditors.

Message 28 of 32
danielodonoll
New Contributor

@WarJar101 wrote:

Word! It's alright snowkitty you'll be fine.

plus one

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 29 of 32
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I bet they pay a hefty feeeee for those alerts too!!!

Bulk discount. They pay a lot less than we do...haha

Maybe 1 cent per card holder, but yeah that would add up.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.