Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Account Review...

tag
ReaLiLJ
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Account Review...

hahaha I was just looking over my report when I saw 2 of these, 1 from cap 1 earlier this year (3/2013) when I stop using the card for 5-6 months, and I tried to come up with some logic on why that would be there, then I saw one from macy's last month 5/31/13 since I stop using the card december of last year, and when I read the description of the AR I figured since I haven't use them in so long, after using them so much frequently that they were getting worried and wanted to check up on my credit report to see if they wanted to close me (macy's since I just got the card not too long back) or cap1 to just check up on me. But I honestly believe most of them are automated, unless given your situation you give them suspicion to actually give a creditor a reason to manual review instead of letting the computer do all the work! Hence I feel those 2 ar's I recently got weren't computers Smiley Very Happy 

You should have nothing to worry about though as long as your not giving them a reason to close you/give you a CLD. As for your other question, I would have no idea if they would fall under that pre-approval categorey though as I have not gotten one at all (only from discover) Smiley Mad (Not that I have anything against them) -LJ

20 Years & 1 Month Young; Total Income: $53k (Credit History): 1.9 years AAOA: 1.0 years
Fico Scores: Exp: 725 (12/4) EQ: 703 (11/13) TU: 736 (12/6) Total Credit Available: 89k
Wallet: AmEx Plat- NPSL | AmEx BCP $10.5K | BestBuy SC $10k | Duck Card $8k | BoFA CR Plat Plus Sig. $5k | Discover IT $6k | Chase Freedom Sig. $7k | CSP Sig. $5k | USBank Cash+ Sig. $5k | Barclays R MC $5k | Chevron Visa $5k | BR Visa $5k | Walmart Discover $4k | DCU Plat Visa $3k | QuickSilver CR $3k | Macy's Store CC/Macy's Amex $2.5k/$3k | BML $1.2k | Citi Divi Plat Visa $500
Open Loans: Sallie Mae SL: ($5.6k) (Def.) Car Loan (Red Devil FR-S): $20k/33k Remaining -Will Pay Off in 2yrs. Advice Welcomed!
Message 11 of 14
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

They could be either. It is common practice for creditors to pull soft inquiries on existing or potential customers for whatever reason.

I have hundreds of soft pulls on my credit reports. If I worried about every single one of them I may as well go to the asylum....

Exactly. If they want to do me any good (or bad), they will tell me sooner or later Smiley Very Happy I really could not care less about AR.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 12 of 14
ReaLiLJ
Regular Contributor

@Ditovera wrote:

Not to jack the thread but I have always wondered where you could see the soft pulls on your credit report. Can I find it on the reports that I bought from Fico-here on this site or ?

You can do this by either getting a report pulled directly from the bureau and looking under the inquiry tab or to further see all of the soft pulls, you can initiate a online dispute through either credit bureau, enter all of the required information, get verified, and then go to the request for your credit history tab, and it will show you every single lender who has ever soft/hard pulled you and give you an explanation on what kind of pull they did/what they used it for! -LJ

20 Years & 1 Month Young; Total Income: $53k (Credit History): 1.9 years AAOA: 1.0 years
Fico Scores: Exp: 725 (12/4) EQ: 703 (11/13) TU: 736 (12/6) Total Credit Available: 89k
Wallet: AmEx Plat- NPSL | AmEx BCP $10.5K | BestBuy SC $10k | Duck Card $8k | BoFA CR Plat Plus Sig. $5k | Discover IT $6k | Chase Freedom Sig. $7k | CSP Sig. $5k | USBank Cash+ Sig. $5k | Barclays R MC $5k | Chevron Visa $5k | BR Visa $5k | Walmart Discover $4k | DCU Plat Visa $3k | QuickSilver CR $3k | Macy's Store CC/Macy's Amex $2.5k/$3k | BML $1.2k | Citi Divi Plat Visa $500
Open Loans: Sallie Mae SL: ($5.6k) (Def.) Car Loan (Red Devil FR-S): $20k/33k Remaining -Will Pay Off in 2yrs. Advice Welcomed!
Message 13 of 14
Ditovera
New Contributor

okay good info guys im gonna try both...pull form CA and dispute method...

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.