Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Account Reviews already???

tag
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Amex Account Reviews already???

Hi everyone.

I pulled my TU and EX credit reports from annualcreditreport.com to see the soft pulls. Lo and behold, Amex did an account review on TU on 4/18/12 and on EX on 5/4/12.

I just got the Amex Green on 4/7/12. My first statement closed on 5/3, but they did not report to the credit bureaus. Is this the norm for Amex or is this something they do to new customers?
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Account Reviews already???

Virtually every lender soft pulls a new customer for the first few months.  This is utterly normal, not necessarily related to any sort of account/financial review.  Don't sweat it.

        
Message 2 of 24
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Virtually every lender soft pulls a new customer for the first few months.  This is utterly normal, not necessarily related to any sort of account/financial review.  Don't sweat it.

+1

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 3 of 24
Guava
Established Contributor

Yup, this is normal, they softed my reports too

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 24
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone for the replies. It's good to know that it's temporary. I completely understand periodic reviews, but every two weeks (for the rest of my relationship with Amex) seems like overkill!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 5 of 24
android01
Valued Contributor

Also, many new AMEX customers don't have the new account report for 2-3 billing cycles, so don't be surprised with that either.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 6 of 24
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

They dumped me 4 years ago and are still doing softs every few months.   I expect it to last forever.

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@android01 wrote:

Also, many new AMEX customers don't have the new account report for 2-3 billing cycles, so don't be surprised with that either.  

I was wondering when mine was going to hit, it hasn't shown up on myFico yet but now that you mention this makes since!  Thanks

Message 8 of 24
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

@frugalQ wrote:
Thanks everyone for the replies. It's good to know that it's temporary. I completely understand periodic reviews, but every two weeks (for the rest of my relationship with Amex) seems like overkill!

I get three soft pulls a month from amex. They are three different addresses for them too. One is listed as account review, cant remeber what the other two are called if anything other than just amex. This has gone on with me forever, no idea why. They also are not regularly spaced. I can have one say on the 4th of a month, then another on say the 9th then another some random amount of time later. The 4th and 9th are just examples, they are all random and even differ from one month to the next. Go figure. I dont have anything unusual. I had a platinum delta they did it with, and recently changed that to a bcp and they do it with that too. No rhyme nor reason, but i have read here that others hve seen similar softs from them.
Message 9 of 24
android01
Valued Contributor

Amex reviews my file roughly once a year,  and I've been a member since 1986.  On a more sinister note.  It seems as though Experian somehow notifiies your current creditors that you are applying for new credit.  There are entries by CREDIT COMMUNICATION SVCS that always appear on my EX report that trigger two thirds of my CURRENT creditors to soft my EX report whenever I apply for a new TL.  This NEVER happens with EQ or TU.  Smiley Mad  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.