Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Account Reviews already???

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Account Reviews already???

@android01 wrote:

Amex reviews my file roughly once a year,  and I've been a member since 1986.  On a more sinister note.  It seems as though Experian somehow notifiies your current creditors that you are applying for new credit.  There are entries by CREDIT COMMUNICATION SVCS that always appear on my EX report that trigger two thirds of my CURRENT creditors to soft my EX report whenever I apply for a new TL.  This NEVER happens with EQ or TU.  Smiley Mad  

I also noticed that when my new Citi card reported to EX, within a week Chase/AmEx/BofA did SP on it too. I guess Experian offers creditors a monitoring service that alerts them to changes made to their cardholders' reports? lol

Message 11 of 24
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

@android01 wrote:

Amex reviews my file roughly once a year,  and I've been a member since 1986.  On a more sinister note.  It seems as though Experian somehow notifiies your current creditors that you are applying for new credit.  There are entries by CREDIT COMMUNICATION SVCS that always appear on my EX report that trigger two thirds of my CURRENT creditors to soft my EX report whenever I apply for a new TL.  This NEVER happens with EQ or TU.  Smiley Mad  

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

that's interesting, and good to know.  i don't recall seeing this svc company on my EX file, but i'll check again.  it would make sense because i noticed that ER solutions (which is a collection agency) did a soft pull on my EX file over the weekend.  this has me freaked out because i have no idea what's going on...but, this is a whole 'nother topic for another section of myfico.  LOL
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 12 of 24
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@android01 wrote:

Also, many new AMEX customers don't have the new account report for 2-3 billing cycles, so don't be surprised with that either.  

I was wondering when mine was going to hit, it hasn't shown up on myFico yet but now that you mention this makes since!  Thanks

i wonder if they wait 2-3 billing cycles to report for the purpose of giving new accounts a 'trial period'....if the consumer screws up within that period, they can close the account and not have worry about sending adjustments to the CRAs.

I am learning so much about credit and CCCs and CRB.  It's great to be educated on this stuff, but it's also somewhat unnerving.  The more I learn, the more I realize just how much Big Brother is watching!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 13 of 24
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

@frugalQ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@android01 wrote:

Also, many new AMEX customers don't have the new account report for 2-3 billing cycles, so don't be surprised with that either.  

I was wondering when mine was going to hit, it hasn't shown up on myFico yet but now that you mention this makes since!  Thanks

i wonder if they wait 2-3 billing cycles to report for the purpose of giving new accounts a 'trial period'....if the consumer screws up within that period, they can close the account and not have worry about sending adjustments to the CRAs.

I am learning so much about credit and CCCs and CRB.  It's great to be educated on this stuff, but it's also somewhat unnerving.  The more I learn, the more I realize just how much Big Brother is watching!

Well, this theory is wrong. Smiley Very Happy  I just checked my EX report again today (yes, i've become addicted to pulling reports), and my Amex is already showing on there.

The great thing is it backdated to 2004 when i opened up my Amex Corporate Card....and my FAKO score increased by 13 pts.

Message 14 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I actually have more than 1 SP on all three bureaus from AMEX, I've had my Zync since mid-march.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 24
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

I have three Amex accounts (PR Gold, Hilton HHonors, and Blue Cash Everyday) and they soft my reports at LEAST twice a week.  And have for the last 12 months.  Lol.  They are always keeping a watchful eye!

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 16 of 24
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:
I actually have more than 1 SP on all three bureaus from AMEX, I've had my Zync since mid-march.

Hmmm.... I've had several pulls over the course of the year that I've had my Green, but only on EX.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 17 of 24
dp321
Regular Contributor

I actually got softs on my experian report from AMEX and CHASE on the same date I applied for a citi card. 

Starting Score: EQ: 703 (4/2011);
Current Score: EQ: 738 (04/2013)

Goal Score: ALL 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 24
Crashem
Valued Contributor

AMEX softs me like crazy.  I think if you have charge card, you should expect pretty constant softing for a while if you are actively using card.  My guess it is part of the process in determining your internal limits.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@frugalQ wrote:

I think you've being far too optimistic. They'd still end up reporting the account and have it be closed by creditor, so you'd still take the new account/AAOA hit. Creditors really aren't ever on your side.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.