Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Advice

tag
AC0308
Established Member

Amex Advice

Hi All,

I'm looking for a CLI on my Blue Sky amex (Currently at 2K) and I'm also interested in a Costco True Earnings card.

As of March 1st I will have a zero balance on all cards except for one reporting about 5-600 out of 4500 (DiscoverIT)  - this is also a new account that has not posted to my credit report yet.

As of my latest Experian report via Costco Identity Guard I have a fico of 731. It is showing zero balances on all cards but Amex with a balance of 900 and The discover card has not posted yet.

My questions are....

1. Once I pay off my amex, should I wait for my credit reports to report a zero balance before asking for the CLI or True earnings?

2. Should I ask for  a CLI before applying for the True Earnings?

3. Should I also wait for my new Discover card to report it's high limit and small balance before doing anything?

4. I've also been interested in doing a product change from Blue Sky to Blue cash everyday (not preferred)  - any thoughts on whether that should be done before or after the CLI or how one affects the other?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Amex Blue Sky - $8,700
Discover IT - $4,500
Amex TrueEarnings - 3,500
Elan Financial - $2,000
CapitalOne - $1,250
Chase Slate - $1,200
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Advice

If you're eligible for CLI on your Amex, then I would do a CLI before you app for one. (However, the exception would be if you think that you're gonna get approved for a larger line, and then if you are then just app and wait 61 days in order to get the CLI on the new card.)

I don't think the PC on the Amex will change anything. If they will allow it, do it today. Smiley Happy

I'll let the others answer the other questions as I'm not 100% positive on my opinion of the answer I have for them. lol (Though, I don't think that it would be a bad thing to let a larger line to report, unless it destroyed your AAoA.)

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.