Did you mean: 

Amex Approval letter??

tag
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Approval letter??

@nada9188 wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

Well...looks like I am waiting for my BCP card too. The letter I received stated my EX Fico is 754. My EX Plus score was 747 at the time of approval, I was shocked my EX Fico was higher than my EX Plus score Smiley Happy

I will check the mail tomorrow (Sat) and hopefully the card will be there. The 0% apr for 12 months will get me started with xmas shopping Smiley Happy

Isn't that such a pleasant suprise? You app'd Sunday night too, right?

I was approved on 11/28 and apped over the wk end. I don't expect the card to be here til next week.

What is your starting CL from Amex? BTW...congrats!!

Message 11 of 17
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

@nada9188 wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

Well...looks like I am waiting for my BCP card too. The letter I received stated my EX Fico is 754. My EX Plus score was 747 at the time of approval, I was shocked my EX Fico was higher than my EX Plus score Smiley Happy

I will check the mail tomorrow (Sat) and hopefully the card will be there. The 0% apr for 12 months will get me started with xmas shopping Smiley Happy

I was approved on 11/28 and apped over the wk end. I don't expect the card to be here til next week.

Thx same to you.. It seems like the BCP is the biggest buzz on these forums right now. I called and they told me 3k! For me I was shocked because its my highest limit.

Income is only 26K, Discover has me at $750 tiny dollars, and WellsFargo has me at $2200. 

Do you think even with my income I can go for 9K in 61 days?

Message 12 of 17
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@nada9188 wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

@nada9188 wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

Thx same to you.. It seems like the BCP is the biggest buzz on these forums right now. I called and they told me 3k! For me I was shocked because its my highest limit.

Income is only 26K, Discover has me at $750 tiny dollars, and WellsFargo has me at $2200. 

Do you think even with my income I can go for 9K in 61 days?

I don't think it hurts to ask since it's automated. If anything, they would counter so I would ask for 3x Smiley Happy

I am going to take the safe route and ask for 2x my current CL for the BCP. I did ask for 3x on my SPG card and it was approved.

Amex allows you to request a CLI up to $25K using their automated system.

Message 13 of 17
jefftca925
Established Contributor

@nada9188 wrote:

@jefftca925 wrote:

The reason you got the letter under seperate cover as the card was because the interest rate they gave you on the account was the top tier rate which is 17.24% I believe.  The new CC law states that a FICO score must be given if the applicant does NOT receive the best terms for the account they applied for.  There will be a disclosure of the specific terms of your card account when you actually recieve your card that tells you what your interest rate is and other applicable charges for the account.  The "adverse results" have to be disclosed so the applicant knows what caused the lender to charge a higher rate.  But that should be no biggie... just PIF every month!!

I am somewhat confused on what you are saying.. On the first line you said I got a seperate letter because they gave me the top tier rate, but then you say that I got the letter because I did not qualify for the best rates.. Ether way like you said, PIF, which was my original plan so idc about apr that much. When I applied I had the state of mind that I wanted the highest interest rate because I just wanted to get approved!! 

OOPS!!  I need to proofread this stuff before posting... I meant NOT approved for the top tier.  I corrected it...

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 14 of 17
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

@jefftca925 wrote:

@nada9188 wrote:

@jefftca925 wrote:

The reason you got the letter under seperate cover as the card was because the interest rate they gave you on the account was the top tier rate which is 17.24% I believe.  The new CC law states that a FICO score must be given if the applicant does NOT receive the best terms for the account they applied for.  There will be a disclosure of the specific terms of your card account when you actually recieve your card that tells you what your interest rate is and other applicable charges for the account.  The "adverse results" have to be disclosed so the applicant knows what caused the lender to charge a higher rate.  But that should be no biggie... just PIF every month!!

I am somewhat confused on what you are saying.. On the first line you said I got a seperate letter because they gave me the top tier rate, but then you say that I got the letter because I did not qualify for the best rates.. Ether way like you said, PIF, which was my original plan so idc about apr that much. When I applied I had the state of mind that I wanted the highest interest rate because I just wanted to get approved!! 

OOPS!!  I need to proofread this stuff before posting... I meant NOT approved for the top tier.  I corrected it...

Gotcha.. No worries I was just checking.. I still think its weird that they didn't tell me what they were going to be in that letter. I know my AAoA sucks, but the score doesn't get that high for no reason, so if you look at it that way, why wouldn't I get the best rates? 

Just trying to be rational here, which I know scores aren't always..

Message 15 of 17
boomhower
Valued Contributor

They did the same thing to me.  Approved on the 25th for BCP, got the letter yesterday, and am anxiously awaiting my card.   I also got the not enough accounts paid as agreed and it doesn't make any sense to me either.  I'm sure I'm in the highest interest rate bracket but I don't care, it's going to be a PIF only card and I can't wait to get it.  I want the rewards on my Christmas shopping.

Message 16 of 17
jefftca925
Established Contributor

I didn't get a letter with my Amex BCP approval...just the card... but I did get one for my BofA Cash Rewards approval because I didn't get the best interest rate they offered (14.9% opposed to 12.9%).  I think you can call Amex CS and see if they can tell you what your FICO score was if it's not given...not sure though.  I've never asked except when I got my mortgage.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.