Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Approval with these FICO Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Approval with these FICO Scores

Since it default in 2002, but was PIF 2 months ago, it was late until a few months ago. It is also a chargeoff.
Message 51 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

mporchejr wrote:
I closed the account and they allowed some arch debits to go through.  I did not even know.   Well check my credit a few years later there is a charge off from Frost Bank in the amount of 413.00.

OK, I got into trouble the last time I made this request, but I'm gonna risk it again.

Could you explain your statements above in more detail?

Message 52 of 68
autofly
Contributor

Approved AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles ~ EX 640
Message 53 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

YEAH!  I am so happy for you!  Glad you took a chance!

Nicole
Message 54 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was you FICO? I was approved from AMEX with a phone app and main invitation. At activation I requested a CLI and was told that I had to wait at least 30 days. I wonder why.

TU-733
EX-725
EQ-686
CC- AMEX BLUE   $5K CL
Message 55 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was pre-approved at BOFA's website for $3,000 BOA AMEX card. But when applied, got a 30 days review notice. I don't have a good feling about this.

EX-633
EQ-657
TU-689

Message 56 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

what's a FR? (not on abrv. list)
Message 57 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

FR is a Financial Review.

They ask for your taxes, pay stubs, employer contact information and any other pertinent information.
Message 58 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, what i did is just called them now at BOA AMEX I applied on sunday, even though they asked to wait at least 10 days. anyways, they pull EX and it is my lowest score. i called them and asked how is my application is doing. the lady on the line was actually in the postition to approve me on the spot and gave a $500 credit line. i personally think it's just too low, considering my income and other cards, but she said that she wants some history. So we made a deal. i told them that i am going too seek mortgage next year and if BOA AMEX will increas my credit line to at least be inline with what i already have ( to $2,500 ) maybe then we can talk mortgage. She took me up on that. Joking of course she mentioned that it would all depend on my charging the whole 500 each month and repaying in full which is easy for me to do, considering my expenses.

So what do you guys think, should I have just declined that 500 line or did i do the right thing by accepting it?

thank you all for response.
Message 59 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a couple of Amex questions so I will just add them here as it seems appropriate. I applied for several cards:
Delta - Approved 1000
HH - Denied
Green - Approved
Blue - Denied
Blue Cash - Denied

I applied for all 5 since it would only use on Inq.

Do you think I can convert the Amex Green to the Amex Blue???

Message Edited by Rockjock on 08-29-2007 09:29 AM
Message 60 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.