Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Approval!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Approval!!!!

So I decided to apply for the Gold card today and I was declined. My EX report has 1 CO which is due to drop later this year but I went ahead and pulled the trigger anyway.

After going through the process I was told my app has been declined. So I decided to call the backdoor number to request a recon. Rep took my info then said will call me back with update. I thought he was BSing me and he could hear my hesitation in my voice. He decided to give me his name and extension just incase I need to get in contact with him.

Anyways, 30 mins later I receive the following email

We are pleased to approve your application for American Express® Gold Card, and we'd like to welcome you to the benefits and services that come with Cardmembership.  Your Card will arrive in the mail in 7 to 10 days.

I'm finally in people!!!!!!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Approval!!!!

Great job on the recon! Congrats!

Message 2 of 16
daytrade5
Contributor

Nice! That was an almost effortless recon. Congrats & welcome to the Amex family! Keep that guys information for future recon purposes (or for an inside contact).

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Feels good to be part of the AMEX family. I was once an AU back in mid 2000, I curious to know if they will backdate the new card. 

I will certainly keep the guys number just incase i need something in the future!!! To be honest, I dont think I'll have the kind of credit i have today without the help of this forum. You guys ROCK!!!

Message 4 of 16
daytrade5
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Feels good to be part of the AMEX family. I was once an AU back in mid 2000, I curious to know if they will backdate the new card. 

I will certainly keep the guys number just incase i need something in the future!!! To be honest, I dont think I'll have the kind of credit i have today without the help of this forum. You guys ROCK!!!

A backdate to 2000 would be like icing on the cake for you! Hopefully someone else will chime in on that one as I have no idea if they will do that for you. I hope so though! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 16
breakthecycle
Regular Contributor

Congrats!! Enjoy the Amex card!

Message 6 of 16
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 7 of 16
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

you wont get backdated because you were an AU on that card, they only backdate when your first card in your name was opened

amazon
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can get backdated to your AU year just make sure you have account numbers available should they ask for it.

I got backdated to 1971 from my dad's card that he added me as an AU after I got my own green. We had to jump through some hoops though.

Congrats on the approval!!!
Message 9 of 16
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You can get backdated to your AU year just make sure you have account numbers available should they ask for it.

I got backdated to 1971 from my dad's card that he added me as an AU after I got my own green. We had to jump through some hoops though.

Congrats on the approval!!!

Agreed.  You can get back dated to an AU date (even without hoops sometimes, at least).  My 6-month-old Zync card was backdated to 1999.  The only card that could be is my Business Platinum card, on which I'm an AU of my boss's card.  (I had other, older Amex accounts I supposed they could have backdated to, but because of a gnarly history with Amex, I decided not to press the issue.)

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.