Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Authorized User and AAoA

tag
SimonP
Valued Member

Re: Amex Authorized User and AAoA

@pizzadude wrote:

I don't think so.   The FR risk is really exaggerated.   You aren't going to get a FR for buying more groceries.   If you make purchases of thousands of dollars of US Mint coins every month, THAT would be an example of purchasing that would draw attention.

Oh, then it is okay. I don't think either of us would ever purchase lots of Mint coins Smiley Very Happy

My Wallet: Wells Fargo Visa, Chase Freedom 5%, Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP), Chase Sapphire, Amex Blue Cash Preferred (BCP), US Bank Cash+, Citi Premier
Message 11 of 15
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@SimonP wrote:

After finding out about the new credit card law, I finally added my wife into my own Amex instead of applying for a new card, because she does not have any income. She got her card today, and to my surprise both the "credit card number" and "member since" values are different than my card. It shows member since 11 on my card, while on hers it shows 12.

Does this mean she gets her own history with Amex from now on? So, maybe in the future if she gets her own account, the backdating starts from Jan 2012.

What's printed on the card, and what Amex considers the "member since" date are not necessarily the same. For example, on DW's SPG and PRG AU cards it says "Member Since 11" -- even though we both have system member since dates of 2001. Both cards reports as being from 2001 on DW's reports.

Message 12 of 15
CS800
Super Contributor

Good info so AMEX takes the piggybacking away. I didnt know. I thought the AU would have a member since just like the account holder.

Message 13 of 15
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Good info so AMEX takes the piggybacking away. I didnt know. I thought the AU would have a member since just like the account holder.

I don't think they took it away.

AUs successfully backdating to the primary cardholder's membership year has always been YMMV.

Message 14 of 15
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

I've noticed that too with AU's not being offered the membership date of the basic cardmember.  I think this is a recent change given the widespread abuse where some sought to game the system by offering AUs backdating.  For example, in the past, if you're a member since 99, all your AUs will be grandfathered in as members since 99, as a courtesy to you.  However, I think they've stopped this practice, and have refused to backdate AUs.

As to the different account number, it's to seperate and make the AU responsible for his/her charges should be basic cardmember be unable or unwilling to pay.

No such thing. I added my parents, they sent out the cards with the wrong Member year. Simply called them and they corrected it.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.