Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Authorized user with bk

tag
kugel
Valued Contributor

Amex Authorized user with bk

I can’t apply to any Amex card for 2 more years since i field bk 3 years ago
Can my sis still add me as a Authorized user will Amex allow it ?
Also will this help me with my score to boost up since she has the Amex for 12 years age and my oldest card is 3 old ?

Just to add it’s same last name but diff address her accounts
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Authorized user with bk

As long as you didn't include amex in your bk or burn them in other ways, you should be able to be added as an AU.
It will NOT help your score from an aging perspective as amex will report the date you are added as the open date instead of the actual open date of the card (whether it will help your scores from a non age related factor requires more information than you provided here)
Message 2 of 4
kugel
Valued Contributor

Thanks daragontears
Oh wow didn’t know tha age Think with Amex
So I guess she a has a Nordstrom card that is 9 years old and a cap one will this work with age thing ?
Message 3 of 4
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OP

Just an FYI about the 5 yrs. If AmX was included in your BK, it will more likely be 10+ yrs vs 5 yrs before AmX will let you back in unless there’s an agreement to clear what’s owed. AmX has a super long memory.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.