Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE CLI

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Amex BCE CLI

My BCE is at 18k. Today I thought I’d ask for a bump to 20k. They countered at 19.3k. I declined it though. This doesn’t reset the 181 day CLI clock does it?
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCE CLI

61 days after first new account.

91 days after denial.

181 days after accepting an offer.

31 days after declining an offer.

Message 2 of 10
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

61 days after first new account.

91 days after denial.

181 days after accepting an offer.

31 days after declining an offer.

Huh. I figured there was no waiting period if you didn’t take the offer. Oh well, hopefully in a month or so they’ll be more generous! Thanks!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem. When they counter with a small increase like that, it means you are near your internal Amex limit based on your profile and income and time will help even if income stays the same. When I hit my internal limit ($45k between 3 cards) I got my first denial (asked 5k-15k), 91 days later I got countered immediately for $700 (asked 5k-10k) which I accepted lol, 181 days later got another $4.8k after a hand full of IV requests.
Message 4 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice data point oldman87Smiley Happy i didnt know that. We should sticky your post for straight up Amex dp lolSmiley Happy

Im a little suprised at declining lol. Only 700 off requested. Not sure a month will change their mind. Of course we all have our own determinations of what we want our credit to be Smiley Happy why not request more than 2k if you dont mind me asking?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

AJC, not my data point as I have never refused an offer haha, the info is deeply buried in the mother thread.
Message 6 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

😂😆🤔
Message 7 of 10
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Nice data point oldman87Smiley Happy i didnt know that. We should sticky your post for straight up Amex dp lolSmiley Happy

Im a little suprised at declining lol. Only 700 off requested. Not sure a month will change their mind. Of course we all have our own determinations of what we want our credit to be Smiley Happy why not request more than 2k if you dont mind me asking?

Considering I recently opened the BBVA card, I didn’t want to be too greedy lol. My OCD told me to seek that nice round number of 20k, and I didn’t want to be saddled with 19.3k for 6 months lol

Message 8 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I hear that. Only thing is one never can count on Amex giving nice round numbers on cli. If it were Disco and you were subjected to the AJC Special kibble and bits, you could always adjust your cli from $500 downwards to $100.Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Imo never ever refuse a counter offer, Especially with Amex. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.