Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE Decision...

tag
toful
Established Member

Amex BCE Decision...

Hey guys,

You might remember me from this thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/App-sent-PenFed-Platinum-Rewards-Considering-Amex-BCE/t...

Anyways, I wanted to update you all. I didn't continue with the PenFed because they wanted someone else on the account, so I turned my sights to the BCE.

After finally getting my address confirmed, they decided.... I WAS APPROVED!!!! 4K limit!

All thanks to you guys! I was able to go from a $750 Cap1 and a $300 Macy's to 4k Chase Freedom and Amex BCE! So thanks again guys!!!

I'm entering the garden for awhile now Smiley Happy

Capital One Platinum $750 (3/11) | Macy's $2K (1/12)
Chase Freedom $4.5K (8/12) | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K (11/12) | Amex BCE $12K (10/12)

TU: 751 (10/1/12 - Amex), 747 (5/23/12 - Transunion.com) | EQ: 718 (10/1/12 - myFICO)
Gardening since: 11/12/12

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Amex BCE Decision...

Congrats!! I hope to get a BCE soon Smiley Very Happy 

Message 2 of 11
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Congrats on the BCE approval!  

I was following the other thread, so nice to hear of the positive outcome... Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 3 of 11
toful
Established Member

Thanks guys! Smiley Happy I'm glad I could bring some good news!

Does anyone know where I can get a list of elgible merchants the grocery, gas, and department store cash back works?

Chase Freedom $4.5K (8/12) | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K (11/12) | Amex BCE $12K (10/12)

TU: 751 (10/1/12 - Amex), 747 (5/23/12 - Transunion.com) | EQ: 718 (10/1/12 - myFICO)

Message 4 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@toful wrote:

Hey guys,

You might remember me from this thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/App-sent-PenFed-Platinum-Rewards-Considering-Amex-BCE/t...

Anyways, I wanted to update you all. I didn't continue with the PenFed because they wanted someone else on the account, so I turned my sights to the BCE.

After finally getting my address confirmed, they decided.... I WAS APPROVED!!!! 4K limit!

All thanks to you guys! I was able to go from a $750 Cap1 and a $300 Macy's to 4k Chase Freedom and Amex BCE! So thanks again guys!!!

I'm entering the garden for awhile now Smiley Happy

CONGRATS!!!!

Very nice starting CL!!!

Is this your 1st AMEX?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 11
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I Figured AMEX would approve you after you explained PenFed offered you 9k to start.  Glad you went for it!  Smiley Very Happy

HUGE CONGRATS on your first AMEX and with a very nice starting CL too!  Kids these days, 4k is 500 higher than mine! Smiley LOL

I'm also happy you were able to get your membership date locked in as 2012 for AMEX.

[EDIT]:  I have to say, I'm not surprised AMEX matched your Chase Freedom CL of 4k.  Funny how they (AMEX, Chase) and Discover seem to be fighting over customers that way, here's hoping they compete by offering a quarter with 10% back on gas!   Smiley LOL

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! It could be 12k in 61 days! Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 11
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Congrats

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 8 of 11
toful
Established Member

Thanks again guys!! I am so excited to get it in the mail and to start using it!

Yes, this is my first AMEX. I'm excited to join the family! It's funny you say Chase and American Express are fighting for customers. When they verified my address, I had them call Chase for my checking account. That was one awkward conversation haha. I hope Chase doesn't flag me for anything. You think? I'll continue to use it for things that aren't gas or groceries because the 10 bonus points and 10% bonus is too much to pass up. I think 2012 is a sweet number. Will it say 2012 or '12? Either wayl awesome! 

I hope to get that 12K in 61 days Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@toful wrote:

Thanks again guys!! I am so excited to get it in the mail and to start using it!

Yes, this is my first AMEX. I'm excited to join the family! It's funny you say Chase and American Express are fighting for customers. When they verified my address, I had them call Chase for my checking account. That was one awkward conversation haha. I hope Chase doesn't flag me for anything. You think? I'll continue to use it for things that aren't gas or groceries because the 10 bonus points and 10% bonus is too much to pass up. I think 2012 is a sweet number. Will it say 2012 or '12? Either wayl awesome! 

I hope to get that 12K in 61 days Smiley Happy

Chase won't flag you for anything because AMEX called to verify, other than they might notice you now have an AMEX LOL.

Usually the card will say "12" under "Member Since" unless you call and tell them you'd rather have it say "2012", about the only difference.  Mine says "89" on all my cards, I won't mess with it to request it say "1989" LOL.   I know not to bother AMEX too much, and I've bugged them quite a bit lately.....  

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.