cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE - Pay as I charge or PIF before statement cut?

tag
sirTee

Amex BCE - Pay as I charge or PIF before statement cut?

Received the bce 2 weeks ago with a only 1k :/. I pay off the balance every couple of days. Would it matter if I do this or should I let it build up and PIF before statement cut for the 61 days 3x cli?
Amex BCE l Amex Zync I Capital 1 QS l Chase CSP l
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Amex BCE - Pay as I charge or PIF before statement cut?

Generally the key thing is to show usage (Amex is spendcentric) so if paying often allows you to spend more (because of the low CL) keep doing that.  Otherwise I don't think frequency of payment before statement cuts matters at all

But I am not Amex's CLI computer.   (Well, just a bit)

Message 2 of 4
sirTee

Thanks longtimelurker,

im about to hit the 1k bonus today and probaly use that credit as an excuse to buy a new driver.

Amex BCE l Amex Zync I Capital 1 QS l Chase CSP l
Message 3 of 4
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

im in the same boat, I got mine like a month ago, $5k cl, I want to go for the 3x61 and what I have been doing is this:

I have charged about $5000 in less then a month but once it got to $1000 I PIF, so that my balance never got over 20% utilization. 

now I dont know if there is any difference then if I charged to the max and then just PIF before statement cut but thats the approach im taking, some advice would be nice Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.