Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE didn't give me promo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCE didn't give me promo

I think its a system error.  When we got our Amex BCP points I spent an hour figuring out how many for what.  I could get within a few points by using the Neighborhood Walmart as a supermarket and no dining out 10% bonus.  I would much rather take the Neigborhood Walmart as a supermarket for years than than the few dollars off a one time bonus on dining out.   Also til we get fake tax lien (see my other post out)  fixed did not want to call any attention to the account 

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think its a system error.  When we got our Amex BCP points I spent an hour figuring out how many for what.  I could get within a few points by using the Neighborhood Walmart as a supermarket and no dining out 10% bonus.  I would much rather take the Neigborhood Walmart as a supermarket for years than than the few dollars off a one time bonus on dining out.   Also til we get fake tax lien (see my other post out)  fixed did not want to call any attention to the account 

Keep in mind that the points you earn with Amex are from the previous month. So, if you are checking the points you have on a statement in March, you need to go back and check the spending on the statement from February. If you look at the cardholder agreement, you should find a clause that essentially states that points are only awarded for spending during a statement period if the statement is paid as agreed (at least minimum payment). Once that condition is met, they apply the rewards, which is presumably why they seem to show up a month "late".

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did that. The are for dining out points for 2 statements ago they only worked out as 1% 

Message 13 of 14
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@601fluguy wrote:
I got my bce about a month ago so maybe I can help. If you clicked the offer when applying I'm pretty sure you are signed up. I don't recall any mention of the promo with the card, online, via phonr, or anywhere else. But here is a way you can make sure. Go buy fast food. With the 10% restaurant promo, the 10% is credited back as a statement credit usually within 24 hours.

I think Amex takes two statements before seeing a rewards posting.  This makes it a bit annoying to track.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.