Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE tips?

tag
Subexistence
Established Contributor

Amex BCE tips?

Usually there are lots of hidden tricks and benefits not publicly known by most Amex BCE users like the incognito trick. I was wondering what other things I should know about Amex now that I have it. I'm also not sure how Global Assist hotline and Roadside assistance. All roadside assistance does with BCE is just let Amex call emergency services for you then you still pay for those services. I'm not sure how Roadside assistance would help if I can just call emergency services on my own. Also global assist hotline seems to just give guides for free and you have to pay for everything else. Am I correct do deduce that they simply do not save cash?

• GLOBAL ASSIST® HOTLINE‡

When you travel more than 100 miles from home, you have 24/7 access to medical, legal, financial or other select emergency coordination and assistance services, including medical and legal referrals, assistance with cash wires, passport replacement, missing luggage and more. Card Members are responsible for the costs charged by third-party service providers.

• STRANDED ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD?‡

With the Roadside Assistance Hotline‡ you can get emergency services like towing, changing a flat or boosting a battery in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and USVI. Third-party service costs are your responsibility. There are some vehicle and road exclusions.

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCE tips?

You probably get 2 gallons of gas gratis. it's not a replacement for AAA, but if I ran out of gas I'd use them instead of using one of my AAA calls. 

Message 2 of 5
Subexistence
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You probably get 2 gallons of gas gratis. it's not a replacement for AAA, but if I ran out of gas I'd use them instead of using one of my AAA calls. 

Amex isn't clear on what is free and what isn't free. What else comes gratis?

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 3 of 5
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Aside from the benefits, make sure you have a bank account connected to the card for payments. Do this ASAP as there are some restrictions on how often and how much you can pay during the first 30 days an account is connected. The sooner you get this set up, the sooner the clock starts.

You'll want to check this with customer service (and hope they're right). But if I recall, you can make one payment before the first statement cuts. After that, you can make as many payments as you need to meet the statement balance. And you might be able to make one "prepayment" beyond that.

The bottom line, though, is if you set up your bank account now, restrictions will be lifted in plenty of time for you to be able to pay as you like before the second statement cuts.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use it, and PIF.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.