Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE to BCP!

tag
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Amex BCE to BCP!

I finally got my Amex BCE upgraded to BCP! I had the offer about 3 years ago but at the time, it didn't fit into my spend. Last year, I'd calculated it'd be worth it for me but the offer had been long gone. I had been told by CSR that I should use the card more in order to get offers. I did this and only got the offer that was a 1:1 upgrade with no bonus. I would not accept that!

One day a few months back, the offer for $150 cash back after $1000 spend (AF waived for one year) had appeared on the website (not on mobile or anywhere else). I was at work so I didn't proceed right away. Once again, the offer was gone by the end of the night. Others here reported similar situations of offers only appearing one time. I called CSR and told them I got as far as the apply page but that the offer went missing. They said they'd escalate and it could take a couple of months. 

Anywho, I finally got the offer via email and this time went through with the upgrade. Needless to say, I'm quite happy I got this offer. Especially with the AF waived because money is a little tight and I can hit the spend pretty easily with an upcoming vacation I'm planning.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex BCE to BCP!

Congratulations on your product upgrade!
Message 2 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Grats on the BCP upgrade!

Message 3 of 10
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congrats on going through with the upgrade!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Your post prompted me to check my account and they're offering me an upgrade too... Tempting with the waived AF but I just downgraded my BCP in September so I'm surprised to have an offer so soon?

Message 5 of 10
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex BCP upgrade with bonus!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 10
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Congrats on upgrade! 🥳

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 7 of 10
kittycreditmeow
Frequent Contributor

C9E98D06-C1DF-4CC8-89C8-AEBFEEBC02E9.jpeg

Message 8 of 10
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

They made you sweat it out huh? Lol

I'm glad to hear it finally worked out for you. Congratulations 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 9 of 10
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the upgrade!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.