Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE usage

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Amex BCE usage

So I just got approved for the BCE (stilll blowwwnnnnn away and happy)

And I want to know..
What type of usage do they like to see to get the 3xcli at 61 days?

At this point, I might charge around $350 (10% of my cl) each month and pay in full... Or maybe revolve a few hundred? I just know I need to spend $1,000 in 90 days to get $100 cash back lol and I wanna keep at 10% or below... Is this the BEST way to use it ?!?

Thanks for any advice yall have:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex BCE usage

Not sure as I did not ask for three times the limit, but usually some good usuage will be in your favore. If you only spend 10% of the limit each month, they may wonder why you need an increase. Though that is not always the case as I have gotten increases on cards that I rarely ever use. If you just want 10% to report, you can charge more than that and then pay back all but 10% before the statement closes. Charging half the limit would probably be a good plan. As long as you are paying it off when you are supposed to, you should not have a problem getting it though.

Message 2 of 33
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Hmmm I don't wanna charge that much lol but I do see your point! Thanks :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 33
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Use it for what you want to use it for. Don't spend more than you intentionally planned on spending just in the hopes of getting a CLI, you don't want to end up in financial trouble. I wouldn't revolve a balance for it, since I don't think that plays a role in it. 

Most people request a 3x CLI because the computer counteroffers (for most people) so even if they don't get a 3x CLI they get something. The counteroffer is what most people depend on. 

Message 4 of 33
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Exactly! I don't wanna end up in bk!! Hahhaah (no offense to anyone who has experienced that unfortunate circumstance)

I might just spend enough to get tht $100 bonus and revolve a little, but pay mostly in full... I only have two spots in my Coach wallet for cards.. Looks like Barclay's just got the boot :-0 or Chase but then I'd just have two Amex's lol eeeekkk
Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really just use the card. If you usually use other cards, maybe put some of the spending you do on the others onto the BCE for a couple of months. I usually charged everything, but instead of using the charge card, I just used the BCE and put about 1.5k on it this month which is my normal spending I did on my Zync or PRG.

Message 6 of 33
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Exactly! I don't wanna end up in bk!! Hahhaah (no offense to anyone who has experienced that unfortunate circumstance)

I might just spend enough to get tht $100 bonus and revolve a little, but pay mostly in full... I only have two spots in my Coach wallet for cards.. Looks like Barclay's just got the boot :-0 or Chase but then I'd just have two Amex's lol eeeekkk

I need myself a new wallet Smiley Tongue Mine is Guess xD Like 5 card slots, which means no room for any debit cards really Smiley Tongue 

Message 7 of 33
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I had the same one for FIVE years from Dillard's ( black with a few slots and money clip) and just recently bought a coach one similarly styled but with just like two spots for cred cards... It was .... Only $30!!!! Score! Got it at Allen Premium Outlets in Texas :-D

I'll make it my sole card of use, then dependent on the cli, go from there as it is a lower limit card that I have. I might use it for my rental car this weekend! Hahaha!
Message 8 of 33
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I had the same one for FIVE years from Dillard's ( black with a few slots and money clip) and just recently bought a coach one similarly styled but with just like two spots for cred cards... It was .... Only $30!!!! Score! Got it at Allen Premium Outlets in Texas :-D

I'll make it my sole card of use, then dependent on the cli, go from there as it is a lower limit card that I have. I might use it for my rental car this weekend! Hahaha!

Mine was macy's, was like originally 50 or 60 or something like that, but was like 20% off then an additional $10 off, and my sister happened to just apply for a macy's card that day, so it was an additional 20% of (or whatever their new card discount is) 

Message 9 of 33
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Really just use the card. If you usually use other cards, maybe put some of the spending you do on the others onto the BCE for a couple of months. I usually charged everything, but instead of using the charge card, I just used the BCE and put about 1.5k on it this month which is my normal spending I did on my Zync or PRG.

+1. Use the card, pay it off, repeat. Do not revolve a balance. Amex is still a charge company at heart and will never penalize younfor pif. 

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.